X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    Tebow runs more than he passes, Al.
    A) that's incorrect
    B) why exactly does this matter? If the team is winning, why does not necessarily adhering to specific positional norms mean anything? Do you get all mad when a college football team runs the triple option because the QB isn't throwing like he "should"?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• A) It's incorrect because you say so? You're wrong.
      B) I've said many times that he's a good athlete that needs a position to play. He's not an NFL QB. If you think he is, fine.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• It is incorrect because of fact. He had more throws than runs.Look it up.

An "NFL QB" is someone who lines up under center and wins games, as far as I care.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• We had this same discussion several months ago with regards to Randall Cunningham. Sloww and Ben refused to acknowledge that Cunningham was even a good QB because apparently, being a QB means passing the ball. It doesn't.

The exact definition of a quarterback:

an offensive back in football who usually lines up behind the center, calls the signals, and directs the offensive play of the team
          Calls the signals and directs the offense. No where does it say 'pass'.

And to the first point... on the season, Tebow has thrown 158 passes and ran 82 times.

Just to make it clear, he's averaging 21.14 passes per start. That's low but not that low. For perspective, rookie Ben Roethlisberger averaged 21.15 passes per start.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• “I always thought he was a great football player,” said Elway, referring to Tebow's iconic run at the University of Florida. “Our job is to make him a great quarterback.”
            Pretty much how I think about him.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• @CBS live game track page...

JAX: Unknown, 8 Yd fumble return (Josh Scobee kick is good), 7:36.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Lousy call by officials in NO-TN game. Said Jimmy Graham was out of bounds on TD catch, was reviewed and not overturned but certainly looked like his foot did no touch out of bounds - he kept it up and then knee hit in bounds.

Oh, now they show blow up of foot hitting and it barely touches out of bounds. But I don't know how they can see that on original call or replay screen.

Comment

• I'm very proud of my Redskins for putting up a fight against the Patriots but still remembering to keep our draft hopes alive.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Nice pick by Tillman!!

Comment

• Lions narrowly avoid choking, beat the s 34-28. Up 31-14 at the half, riding 5 turnovers, they couldn't do anything in the second half, and let the s back in the game using their backup QB, Webb, who finished 12-23 for 84 yds & 1 TD plus 7 rushes for 109 yds and 1 TD.

The s converted a 4th down on their final drive, drove down inside the 5, were about to spike the ball, when Avril jumped offsides, giving them another yard. Final play, Webb didn't throw the fade, for some reason pulled the ball down instead of throwing it away, and it got knocked out of his hands and away from the endzone, Lions finally falling on it near midfield.
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Christian Ponder was benched? Interesting. Joe Webb might be the best young backup QB in the league. He's played surprisingly well for a guy not drafted as a QB. (Drafted with the 'Tom Brady' pick, by the way; number 199)
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Was hoping for a Minny win, esp. seeing how they came back at end.

Only problem with Bears bend don't break defense in Denver is that they spend more time on field which is not good in the high altitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            Christian Ponder was benched? Interesting. Joe Webb might be the best young backup QB in the league. He's played surprisingly well for a guy not drafted as a QB. (Drafted with the 'Tom Brady' pick, by the way; number 199)
                            After he threw his third pick, he got rocked by an unnecessary late hit. I wasn't paying too much attention to the game at that point, so I'm not sure if he was able to play or not. Maybe they just decided he was throwing the ball to the wrong team too much and put Webb in.

Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
                            Was hoping for a Minny win, esp. seeing how they came back at end.
                            I thought for sure they were going to pull it out, especially after the offsides before the spike attempt. But there were some mistakes on that last drive, like Harvin not getting out of bounds, causing their 2nd TO to be used. They might have had more time at the end. And then Webb didn't throw the ball away. Maybe he thought he could scramle and extend the play, like he'd been doing, but with 9s left, he has to chuck it.
                            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Well, no score at the half. Bears defense played OK but got hurt by two calls on hits to Tebow. I thought the first one was not a good call since Briggs did not hit him in head from replay I saw. Then they tackle him low and that gets called. Sheesh, you can only hit a QB between neck and knees? But regardless, offense needs to pick it up and defense needs to tackle better.

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
                                Well, no score at the half. Bears defense played OK but got hurt by two calls on hits to Tebow. I thought the first one was not a good call since Briggs did not hit him in head from replay I saw. Then they tackle him low and that gets called. Sheesh, you can only hit a QB between neck and knees? But regardless, offense needs to pick it up and defense needs to tackle better.
                                Brady rule.

And good thing the Bears didn't score during Tebow's warmup. Just one more quarter til Tebow Time

Comment

Working...
                                X