Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
    I nearly picked up Spiller yesterday but figured Jackson was going to be ok.
    I drafted Spiller as by RB3 but cut him weeks ago. Somehow, he wound up on the Savage Hammers way back in October. Go figure. You know a 14-team league is deep when CJ Spiller has been rostered for over a month.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Aaaaaaand, he's gone. IR with a broken leg. Well, there's one league I'll be losing the scoring lead in shortly.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Has been a few weeks so here it is:

D.Sproles (NO) vs NYG
        M.Bush (Oak) vs Chi
        C.Spiller (Buf) vs NYJ

Ugh. Pick one this list of horrible matchups.

Remember, I'm more concerned about total yards rushing and receiving than about TDs.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Bush.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
            Aaaaaaand, he's gone. IR with a broken leg. Well, there's one league I'll be losing the scoring lead in shortly.
            Too bad. He didn't even get to reach 1000 rushing.

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
            Has been a few weeks so here it is:

D.Sproles (NO) vs NYG
            M.Bush (Oak) vs Chi
            C.Spiller (Buf) vs NYJ

Ugh. Pick one this list of horrible matchups.

Remember, I'm more concerned about total yards rushing and receiving than about TDs.
            Bush. And I don't think it's even close.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
              Yeah, SparrowHawk had a terrible week against me. Really pulled down the PAR (Points Against Rabbit) average -- to about 162.

It's still 115 points (10+ ppg) more than has been scored against anyone else.
              I wouldn't say I had a terrible week (sub-PAR ) so much as I picked the wrong Quarterback (again). I had the choice of Josh Freeman and the Tampa Bay Bucaneer's against Green Bay or Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Buffalo Bills against the Miami Dolphins....and while I know that Miami has been better lately while the Bills are fading, and that Green Bay is winning more by offense than defence....it still made more sense to me (at the time) to go with Fitzpatrick over Freeman.

Had I gone with Freeman over Fitzpatrick...I would have beat JRabbit and at least kept the points against average up. That's been my story all year though, if I had picked the "right" quarterback every week....easier said than doen....I think I would have at least three more wins (actually I should look at that, and see how many games I have lost this year by the difference in my qb's). While I know everyone has picks to make every week that are tough, it seems to me that the #1 reason for drafting a quarterback in the first round is to not have to make the call as to which QB to play. Ah well, still time to play spoiler.

/me
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I would've gone with Freeman just off the strength of garbage time. It turned out Tampa was very competitive throughout, but you came into the week expecting a blow-out and that means Freeman would just sling it all day. Always keep in mind that when one team is completely out-classed by another but the weaker team has a good enough QB, that QB could easily throw 50 times.

Comment

• For the record and having done no research, I agree with the Bush call.

So you might want to go another direction.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I jst grabbed Peyton Manning in a keeper league. The guy who had him held onto him for 3 weeks before dropping him. When he did so, I pointed out to him that he actually had a roster spot open and he didn't need to drop him, but he did anyway. Manning was just sitting there since week three. Now I'm not going to keep him cause I have Brady as my keeper already, but since we trade draft picks I figured I can trade him on draft day for something (even if I get a 6 or 7th round pick, I just gained something for nothing). I feel a little cheesey making such a blantant move for next season, but it was a move that screamed to be made. Oh, roster are frozen from the moment of the first kickoff today. I waited until just about the last possible moment for the guy to correct his mistake. Am I a boob for making this move?
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Sounds smart to me. I see no reason to devalue him to a 7th round pick though.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                        The system assigns the designed player to the claiming team with the highest waiver priority (lowest number). Once you get a player on waivers, you move to the lowest priority. The system prevents overeager vultures (looking at people like me, Berz, Alby, Zopper and Kenobi) from grabbing all the attractive waiver wire/free agent pickups while others are busy having actual lives.

Over at IDP League, we run the "Wild West" system. Whoever gets there first, wins. It can be just as frustrating and is probably more unfair - like when you have a key starter injured, but his backup is already on Berz' team by the time you find out about it.
                        I play golf Sundays, last weekend was the first I was around to watch games.

Comment

• Doesn't change my point.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• so you're liking the rotating ww?

Comment

• One alternative is reverse order of standings, like in real life. That makes sense, as well.

Comment

• does yahoo offer it?

the only thing I dont like about a rotating ww is shutting down the ww for 3 days, late scratches require late ww additions and I dont wanna pick up replacements for every player who might sit.

Comment

Working...
                                X