• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    dp
    Mccarron amd dockett on the girl. Well okay we got a party
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• All this fuss over Miss Alabama just shows how uninteresting the game was after the first couple Tide scores.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Roll Tide!

Comment

• So remember the story of Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend? Apparently she never existed:

Wow!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I saw that. Very... odd.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• So sorry for Boris... Oregon goes back to obscurity.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• I see that ND is spinning it as Te'o being the victim of a scam...

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te'o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown
                University Spokesman | Assistant Vice President
                Could get interesting...
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• All in all, while it does tarnish his good Mormon boy image and it probably will hurt his draft stock, it really shouldn't. Let's get real that among the transgressions that other football players have had, this is nothing and no one was actually harmed.

My guess is he was the victim of a prank and killing her off was the prankster's idea of ending it. Manti found out it was a prank soon after (but after it hit the media) and decided to keep mum about it, which is understandable.

In other news, Oregon must be about to get hit with some heavy sanctions. This has that Pete Carroll leaving USC just in time vibe to it.
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• With all this Manti **** going on, I just learned about the Chip Kelly thing.

****'s on fire, yo.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Did you even read the Deadspin story? If Te'o was being punked, why would he play along? Wasn't that Manti himself being interviewed about - and repeatedly tweeting about - the "tragic loss" of his girlfriend? I call BS and say he was complicit.

On the question of immature vs stupid vs attention-seeking, the jury is out.

As for his draft stock, nothing about this could approach the damage he did to himself with his performance vs. Bama.

Comment

• I just don't see a clear motive for him to do this, Jr.

And, Christ, you know me. I am always willing (and eager) to believe the worst in people in general, and Notre Dame in particular.

If someone can give me a reasonable motive for him to perpetrate this hoax, I'm willing to listen. Until then, he is innocent in my mind.

Comment

• I'm not saying it was a plot or anything. But it stretches credulity to suggest that Te'o was unaware that his girlfriend didn't actually exist.

Comment

• Not at all. People get duped over the internet all the time.

How do you know I am really a pediatrician?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                              I'm not saying it was a plot or anything. But it stretches credulity to suggest that Te'o was unaware that his girlfriend didn't actually exist.
                              It's called Catfishing.

On the Misc forum on bodybuilding.com, people do it all the time, posing as women on plentyoffish and other dating sites and posting texts and conversations with unsuspecting guys for the lulz of forum goers.

It's a thing. There's even an MTV show for exposing catfishers.

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• What if the chick was Manti's beard?

Comment

Working...
                                X