No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't imagine the Pac-12 is chomping at the bit for Okie State, either. I think the only way they take Okie State is with Oklahoma. I can't see any other plausible expansion for the Pac-12 at this point. Maybe Kansas/KSU?
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I can't imagine the Pac-12 is chomping at the bit for Okie State, either. I think the only way they take Okie State is with Oklahoma.

Of course. My point is that I think the Pac-12 is willing to take Okie State to get Oklahoma, whereas the SEC and Big Ten are not.

Maybe Kansas/KSU?

Maybe. I don't think the Pac-12 takes any more Big 12 schools without Texas and/or Oklahoma as part of the deal.

Comment

• If the Pac-12 doesn't take any more Big-12 schools without Texas or Oklahoma, and they are unavailable, then who would they take? I honestly see no other plausible options; they already got the only plausible MWC squad, BYU is happy to stay independant... the Pac-12 seems pretty boxed in at this point.

Comment

• If the Pac-12 doesn't take any more Big-12 schools without Texas or Oklahoma, and they are unavailable, then who would they take?

No one; there's no point in expanding beyond 12 teams if you can't pick up any schools who will add enough value to make it worth it for the current schools. The Pac-12's geography definitely limits its options (the Big Ten is in a similar situation, but to a lesser extent), which I think is why Larry Scott was so aggressive in trying to form the Pac-16 last year.

Comment

• I say we all blame sloww and call it a day. I'm just hoping at this point that we don't end up with 20 team mega conferences.

Comment

• I say we all blame sloww and call it a day.

Comment

• Fake Dan Beebe is currently drunk tweeting, btw.

edit:

Fake Dan Beebe
                if i reachh 5 thousandy followers tonight, ill let folllwer number 5000 pick a school to invite to teh big 12 #drunkbeebeparty
                Last edited by Tupac Shakur; August 12, 2011, 22:18.

Comment

• I think this video sums up this round of Big 12 drama pretty well.

Spoiler:
                  Texas A&M = Walter Sobchak
                  Texas = Larry
                  Longhorn Network contract = Larry's homework
                  Big 12 Conference = red Corvette
                  Kansas State = sloppy bearded guy

Comment

• THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS, LARRY.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS, LARRY.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS, LARRY, WHEN YOU FIND A STRANGER IN THE ALPS.

As an aside, the music cue into the following scene with them in the car, with the In & Out Burgers? Absolute cinematic mother****ing genius. Of course, much the same can be said for that entire film.

Comment

• This better not be true (and given Greenstein's track record, probably isn't)...

Delany also confirmed to Tribune that SEC expansion would not affect Big Ten -- for now: "We have closed down active expansion."

Comment

• Yeah, I think that goes under blowing sunshine up one's ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS, LARRY, WHEN YOU FIND A STRANGER IN THE ALPS.

As an aside, the music cue into the following scene with them in the car, with the In & Out Burgers? Absolute cinematic mother****ing genius. Of course, much the same can be said for that entire film.
                          movies dubbed for cable or network TV are terrible. And I believe it was, fight a stranger, not find a stranger.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Not that either of them makes sense, but that makes marginally more. It's such a delightful non sequitir.

Comment

• Word I hear from the SEC presidents' meeting is no to TAMU.
                              Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Oh my.

Comment

Working...
                                X