No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree that LSU has basically shown to be the the top dog this year. Everyone else stumbled somewhere along the way. So they have everything to lose and nothing to gain in the NC bowl game.

But in a typical year, I feel a 4-team playoff would add clarity.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      I agree that LSU has basically shown to be the the top dog this year. Everyone else stumbled somewhere along the way. So they have everything to lose and nothing to gain in the NC bowl game.

But in a typical year, I feel a 4-team playoff would add clarity.
      People thought the BCS would add clarity, and we all can see how well that theory held up.

Comment

• dp

Comment

• So ASU had signed June Jones and as all the details were being ironed out, the Board took away the offer.

Oh, and btw, the Sumlin to ASU rumors were highly premature (obviously) - and looks like he may go A&M after all.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
            People thought the BCS would add clarity, and we all can see how well that theory held up.
            I guess I just have a lot less sympathy for a #5/6 ranked whiner than the #3.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I guess I just have a lot less sympathy for a #5/6 ranked whiner than the #3.
              The #5 whiner this year would be either Oregon or Stanford, two pretty good teams. There's a lot of one-loss teams this year without much separating them.

Comment

• Whatevs, dude. Every year is a different story. As well you know.

The point is, OK State would get their shot. AND Bama would get their chance at redemption. Those are far more compelling situations than who gets left behind at #5.

Comment

Whatevs, dude. Every year is a different story. As well you know.
                  Exactly, which is why the BCS and a plus-one are usually going to fail in producing a "valid" championship process. Most years, a deserving team is going to get left out or an undeserving team is going to slip in.

The point is, OK State would get their shot. AND Bama would get their chance at redemption. Those are far more compelling situations than who gets left behind at #5.
                  Neither is particularly compelling. Also, why does Bama get a chance at redemption while Oregon doesn't?

Comment

• Again, you're trying to expand from single-case storyline analysis to a broad, general contention. Invalid argument.

Bottom line, I don't care enough to argue with you (or anyone else). I just threw my opinion out there, knowing full well that you would scorn it. Your stance on this topic is pretty well established, as is your unwillingness to entertain anyone else's.

I'm cool with that.

Comment

• While I still oppose it and still plan to boycott, LSU - Alabama was a very close game. You say Oregon, I say Oklahoma St. should have gone.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Again, you're trying to expand from single-case storyline analysis to a broad, general contention. Invalid argument.
                        I could easily come up with other seasons to use for examples. Seasons where four teams finish the regular season roughly equally deserving of playing for the national championship almost never happen.

Bottom line, I don't care enough to argue with you (or anyone else). I just threw my opinion out there, knowing full well that you would scorn it. Your stance on this topic is pretty well established, as is your unwillingness to entertain anyone else's.

I'm cool with that.
                        I'm surprised you're responding in such a pissy manner to my non-inflammatory argument. I expect Ming and Rah to act butthurt when confronted with reason, but you're usually more level-headed.

Comment

• Sorry, I thought I WAS being level-headed. My bad, I guess.

In other news, it looks like Illinois is indeed going the mid-major route. The new Zook will be Tim Beckman of Toledo.

Comment

• Smart move, but I worry that Beckman won't be given a chance to succeed. Illinois fans seem disappointed with the hire, which indicates that they still haven't accepted reality and are likely to call for Beckman's head should he start delivering the .400 seasons that are standard in Champaign.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                              I expect Ming and Rah to act butthurt when confronted with reason, but you're usually more level-headed.
                              And you are expected to be a complete ******* with nothing worth saying...
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I propose my "+1 +1 playoffs". Team voted #1 is in the championship game. #2-5 are in the elimination bracket with the winner playing #1 for the national championship.

Keeps the "sanctity" of the regular season by give the #1 team auto qualification, but gives several other teams a chance to get there.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X