X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    To all Wisky fans everywhere:

I am so, so sorry.
    They were begging for a comeuppance after all their talk after beating Nebraska and before they had even played a road game.

Comment

There is a big mess after Oregon, but here goes

1. LSU
      2. Alabama
      3. Oklahoma State
      4. Boise State
      5. Stanford
      6. Oregon
      7. Oklahoma
      8. Nebraska
      9. Penn State
      10. South Carolina
      Any ranking that has Nebraska in the top ten is dubious, as best. To say nothing of Penn State.

Comment

• Top Ten...

1. LSU
        2. Alabama
        3. Oklahoma
        4. Stanford
        5. Oklahoma State
        6. Boise State
        7. Oregon
        8. Wisconsin
        9. Michigan
        10. Texas A&M

I don't know how A&M keeps hanging around in the Top Ten. Does the Sagarin Pure Points not count second halves? [/rimshot]

Comment

• 1. LSU
          2. Alabama
          3. Oklahoma State
          4. Stanford
          5. Boise State
          6. Oregon
          7. Oklahoma
          8. Arkansas
          9. Michigan
          10. South Carolina
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
              Any ranking that has Nebraska in the top ten is dubious, as best. To say nothing of Penn State.
              I don't disagree, but the one-loss teams area a mess. Outside of Oregon, Penn State has the "best" loss, and Nebraska runs a close second by losing to a team that has lost only on two last-minute prayers. Do I really think Penn State is better than Michigan or Arkansas, for instance? Not on your life. But it hard to deny them a higher ranking based on the evidence at hand.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I actually think your Top Ten is fine, but it just isn't college football if you don't ***** about the polls.

Comment

I don't disagree, but the one-loss teams area a mess. Outside of Oregon, Penn State has the "best" loss, and Nebraska runs a close second by losing to a team that has lost only on two last-minute prayers. Do I really think Penn State is better than Michigan or Arkansas, for instance? Not on your life. But it hard to deny them a higher ranking based on the evidence at hand.
                  This is one of the things I don't get about the polls. Sure you should take into account who a team has played, and who they have lost to, but if you think one team is better than the other, rank them that way.

Comment

• It is a bit complicated. Ohio State has not had a good season to date, and based on that, there is no way I could rank them ahead of, say, Penn State.

Now, do I think Penn State will beat OSU? Not on your life.

Comment

• Yes tOSU is a strange case. the team that had those losses early when half their team was suspended definitely isn't the same team that is playing now.

Comment

It is a bit complicated. Ohio State has not had a good season to date, and based on that, there is no way I could rank them ahead of, say, Penn State.

Now, do I think Penn State will beat OSU? Not on your life.
                        Here is the part I hate about college polls: Would you rank OSU above Wisconsin, even though you know the game was an upset in a last 20 second miracle?

Cause if you think the game was an upset, you should still rank Wisconsin above them; otherwise it should not be considered an upset.
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• It wasn't an upset; Wisconsin was outplayed for most of the game and needed a lucky breakdown in OSU's previously stout defense to even be in the position to get beat by another hail mary. OSU has developed into a strong team and Wisconsin isn't nearly as good as they looked when beating up on creampuffs at home.

Comment

• It was most assuredly an upset, though not a huge one. It had all the earmarks of a close game going in (superior visiting team vs improving team with big homefield edge). As you said, it took a prayer play.

Wisconsin finally woke up in the second half and is now back on track for their usual race to the Best Of The Rest Bowl.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• This Big East thing... this is just dumb as hell.

UCF, SMU, Houston, Navy, Air Force, and Boise State?

The Broncos are going to have conference away games in ****ing Orlando?

Comment

• AQ status is worth a lot and there aren't many schools left that are good/influential enough to help the Big East maintain it.

Comment

Working...
                                X