No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SI Article is finally out: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...sel/index.html
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
      It is not powerful enough. Uberschadenfreude, maybe?

This is a particularly funny tidbit, also from the OSU paper twitter feed:

"For those asking, we believe the car was a 2007 model. Also, Braxton Miller was dropped off by someone driving a Chrysler minivan."

A soccer mom?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Dude, I've lived down here in Columbus for seven years, during which we have won zero games against OSU. ****, even our nearly-every-year-in-the-Frozen-Four hockey teams loses to OSU whenever I go to the games. I'm going to enjoy the **** out of this. Schadenfreude doesn't even begin to cover it.
        Alas, the past 7 years has taught you nothing.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Don't get me wrong, MRT. Part of the reason I'm enjoying this so much is that I know full well that our odds of beating OSU this season, even now, rank about halfway between slim and none. This is quite likely to be the only college football episode this year to provide me joy; our defense will, at best, top out at mediocre this season, and all of our three main rivals (as well as our newest conference member and soon-to-be fourth main rival) are very likely to beat us silly this fall.

Comment

BAMA!

Softball!
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

The NBC affiliate here in Columbus is now reporting that Terrell Pryor had his driving license suspended two weeks ago (having twice been ticketed for going 90 MPH, in different cars, natch), and isn't eligible to have it reinstated until August.

The dude has gone full ******.

Comment

Um, I believe we were talking about softball?

Comment

Touche.

Comment

I didnt mean to threadjack but I am enjoying the softball. Roll Tide!

Aside from the obvious result of the deflation of Ohio State's football program for several years (which I dont care about since they're no threat to any but the weakest SEC teams), I'm hoping this may push the NCAA toward changing the bizarre rules for "student" athletes wrt pay. If the Olympics can include professional athletes why cant the Universities? What would be wrong about athletes getting a percentage of the jerseys etc that are sold?

Maybe the AAU will move on this issue first and Universities will flock back to what was once the dominant collegiate regulatory board.

What's surprising to me about the incident is the number of people who continue to call Tressel "honourable". In what strange universe would his actions be considered hounorable?
                    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Maybe the AAU will move on this issue first and Universities will flock back to what was once the dominant collegiate regulatory board.

The AAU wants fewer members, not more.

Comment

Athletes getting a percentage of sold jerseys, or royalties on their likenesses... I can see that.

But straight up paying them? That's what the scholarship is for.

Comment

What we need is a system (of supplying the NFL with players) that caters to the kids who have no interest in a college education.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Athletes getting a percentage of sold jerseys, or royalties on their likenesses... I can see that.

But straight up paying them? That's what the scholarship is for.
                            No percentage of jerseys. I can see locker room or parking lot fights over getting numbers that star former players wore.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Maintaining the status quo does nothing and as long as this ridiculous situation exists we will continue to have these ridiculous scandals. The "student athlete" is an outdated concept for these players just as it was for "amateur athletes" in the Olympics. Does anyone think that the Olympics are lessened now that professionals can legitimately compete? The recruitment of students should be a "free market" with no monetary restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post

The AAU wants fewer members, not more.
                                Really? How so?

Comment

Working...
                                X