No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and watch out, Drake. Rumbles around here in Columbus are already pointing in Bo Pelini's direction.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Pelini likely goes to Columbus, if offered. He'd probably be a good fit, as he's the current college coach most likely to punch out an opposing player, Woody-style.

Comment

Too true.

Comment

Brady vs Bo is a little too similar to Woody vs Bo, however, and confusing since the Bo's represent opposing sides.

Comment

I can wait for this SI article to come out. Holy ****, it will be great going back to work on Wednesday.

Comment

I'm actually a little bummed by this. Sweater Vest ****ed up, but he seems like a decent enough guy (by the low standards of college coaches), the actual violations are pretty unremarkable (this isn't a Maurice Clarett/Reggie Bush-type situation), and a strong Ohio State is good for the Big Ten and college football, if not for Michigan fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                I'm actually a little bummed by this. Sweater Vest ****ed up, but he seems like a decent enough guy (by the low standards of college coaches), the actual violations are pretty unremarkable (this isn't a Maurice Clarett/Reggie Bush-type situation), and a strong Ohio State is good for the Big Ten and college football, if not for Michigan fans.

Ummm... part of this may well be the Maurice Clarett situation.

Comment

I would've been fine with ****canning Tressel after the Clarett incident, but firing him over some sold memorabilia and free tattoos is pretty lame.

Comment

It goes way deeper than that, Drake. The most credible reports revolve around cars and housing.

Coach Fat Lou Ferrigno is enjoying the **** outta this:

Comment

From OSU fansite www.elevenwarriors.com:

The Dispatch has confirmed that Ohio State and the NCAA have launched an entirely new investigation centered around quarterback Terrelle Pryor.

Calling the investigation "significant", the paper said it was focused on cars and extra benefits Pryor may have received during his time in Columbus.

It doesn't take a genius to draw the line between George Dohrmann's upcoming SI piece -- thought to be published around 8pm ET tonight -- and the Tressel resignation to this latest bit of Memorial Day fun. In all likelihood, Dohrmann's report shed new light on the entire situation, leading to where we now find ourselves.

And while the latest Dispatch report was short on specifics, Brutus has been right about this every step of the way. Just to be safe, we followed up with a second, well-placed source and they confirmed the news of Pryor's playing days being over and said "there could be much more."

Buckle-up.

Comment

The OSU student paper is reporting that Pryor showed up for a team meeting tonight in a new car with temp tags.

This is the model of car he showed up in... wow...

Last edited by Guynemer; May 30, 2011, 20:15.

Comment

That Appalachian State game was clearly an aberration. And it was good for college football.

Now, take one more good shot at the Buckeyes and be done with it. You're starting to sound like Kenobi basking in finally beating Asher at something hockey-related.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Dude, I've lived down here in Columbus for seven years, during which we have won zero games against OSU. ****, even our nearly-every-year-in-the-Frozen-Four hockey teams loses to OSU whenever I go to the games. I'm going to enjoy the **** out of this. Schadenfreude doesn't even begin to cover it.

Comment

No need to denigrate the genius of the German language; schadenfreude easily covers this.

Comment

It is not powerful enough. Uberschadenfreude, maybe?

This is a particularly funny tidbit, also from the OSU paper twitter feed:

"For those asking, we believe the car was a 2007 model. Also, Braxton Miller was dropped off by someone driving a Chrysler minivan."

Comment

Working...
                                X