• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah. Seriously. Jesus.

Wisky is ****ing scary.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Although, I'm wondering why Wilson is still in the game at this point.

Comment

• Alabama kicking the dog**** out of Florida is pretty awe inspiring, too.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Only 2 of the 9 teams ranked 8 thru 16 won this week.

I'm just going to go ahead and assume Stanford beats UCLA because, .

1. LSU
          2. Alabama
          3. Wisconsin
          4. Stanford
          5. Oklahoma
          6. Boise State
          7. Clemson
          8. Oklahoma State
          9. Oregon
          10. Texas (?)

Lurking (in no particular order): Michigan(?!), Georgia Tech, Florida, Arkansas, Illinois, Virginia Tech

Really, 1-3 could be interchangable, as could 4-6. Clemson, I don't really believe, the inevitable Michigan State-style ****-up is coming, but they've earned that spot so far. After Oregon, that 10 spot and the next few are complete who-the-****-knows.

Comment

• Come on Guy, Michigan can't really be lurking just outside of the top 10, sure the defense shut out Minnesota, but they've been exposed as a bad unit time and time again.

Likewise Illinois isn't lurking outside the top 10 either. 3 point victory over a #20 something Arizona State. 3 point victory over western michigan. 3 point victory over northwestern. They're lucky so far, not good.

Holy hell Wisconsin, I thought that blocked extra point was going to be huge. Turns out Monte Ball is even more dominant a runner than anyone thought previously.

Comment

• Again, assuming Stanford wins...

Our first Undefeated Report

There are now 15 undefeated teams in FBS college football. They break down as follows:

ACC (2): Clemson (vs. BC), Georgia Tech (vs. Maryland)
              Big 12 (5): Oklahoma (vs. Texas), Oklahoma State (vs. Kansas), Texas (vs. Oklahoma), Kansas State (vs. Missouri), Texas Tech (vs. Texas A&M)
              Big Ten (3): Wisconsin (idle), Michigan (at Northwestern), Illinois (at Indiana)
              C-USA (1): Houston (vs. East Carolina)
              MWC (1): Boise State (at Fresno State)
              Pac-12 (1): Stanford (vs. Colorado)
              SEC (2): LSU (vs. Florida), Alabama (vs. Vandy)

So, only one game between undefeated teams this coming week, and it is the Red River Rivalry. I honestly don't get why so many people think Oklahoma is the best team in the country; they don't look nearly as dominant as a few of the other above teams. Texas, awful a year ago, actually looks good enough this year to make this a game. Honestly, I think this one is justthisclose to a coin flip. Oklahoma has a, say, 53% chance to win.

In the ACC, Clemson has a virtual bye against a terrible Boston College team, while Georgia Tech gets the schizophrenic Terrapins. Jackets aren't a lock, but they're close (85%).

The surprise Big 12 unbeatens are in deep ****; I think both the Wildcats (30%) and Red Raiders (15%) go down. The Cowboys are a lock, however.

In the Big Ten, Michigan is ostensibly on the road, which should scare me, as we normally suck on the road. But Michigan fans typically outnumber Northwestern fans at Ryan Field, Dan Persa is nowhere close to 100%, and the defense looks alarmingly competent. 75% for the Wolverines. I don't believe much in the Illinois Fighting Zooks, but they're playing Indiana, for God's sake. It's a lock.

East Carolina has, historically, been one of the better, more consistent teams in C-USA. This year, they are the suck. Houston is a lock.

Regarding Boise State vs. Fresno, see above line re: Houston vs. ECU. Broncos in a walk.

In the Pac-12: Seriously, the only team that has a prayer against Stanford is Oregon. The third-place Pac-12 team is going to be 7-5.

As for the SEC, Alabama, LSU at least has a real opponent in Florida, but it'll be a real opponent without their starting QB, coming off a devastating loss. It's not a lock, but it is close. 90%.

Next week, we should be down to 12 undefeated teams, saying goodbye to the Longhorns, Red Raiders, and Wildcats.

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
                Come on Guy, Michigan can't really be lurking just outside of the top 10, sure the defense shut out Minnesota, but they've been exposed as a bad unit time and time again.

Likewise Illinois isn't lurking outside the top 10 either. 3 point victory over a #20 something Arizona State. 3 point victory over western michigan. 3 point victory over northwestern. They're lucky so far, not good.

Holy hell Wisconsin, I thought that blocked extra point was going to be huge. Turns out Monte Ball is even more dominant a runner than anyone thought previously.
                See the above post. We're both amongst the last 15 undefeated teams, a list which includes Houston, Kansas State, and Texas Tech.

I don't expect either of our teams to end the season in the top 15, but at this point, it's hard to find fifteen teams with a better resume.

Moreover, this isn't last years' Michigan defense. It is far more experienced, and significantly better coached. They aren't going to keep holding teams under 10, or even 20 points, and I expect that trend to reverse as early as next week. But with the offense clicking the way it has all season, anything under 30 should be enough.

Comment

• My Illini stayed classy during the game saturday. Whether he connected or not, it still hurts to watch

Comment

• Yeah. Seriously. Jesus.

Wisky is ****ing scary.

Goddamn, am I glad I wasn't able to watch that game. Blessing-in-disguise weddings...

Comment

• It was brutals.

Comment

• On the bright side, Nebraska can still win its division and earn the right to get its ass kicked by Wisconsin again in the Rotel Big Ten Championship Game.

Comment

• I don't rhink anybody really wants to win the Where's Wisconsin? Division now; you guys are welcome to it.

Comment

• Wisconsin looks very tough this year. I didn't think Nebraska was inept, but they were manhandled anyway.

I have a personal connection to Wilson, so was happy to see him play well in the marquee matchup for the week.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                              I don't rhink anybody really wants to win the Where's Wisconsin? Division now; you guys are welcome to it.
                              I'm looking forward to a thrilling 7-3 win over Ohio State next week and an equally exciting 3-2 loss to Michigan State in week 9.

Spoiler:
                              I'm implying that the Ohio State-Michigan State game was an excruciatingly boring piece of bulldog ****.
                              Spoiler:
                              Bulldogs are the most boring of all dogs, as anyone who's watched Georgia play this season can attest to.

Comment

• Did you see any of the OSU-MSU game?

I swear to Christ, it set Western Civilization back 200 years, at least. OSU has a good defense, but it isn't anything you guys shouldn't be able to handle.

Comment

Working...
                                X