No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The defense is pitching a shutout so far.

The Michigan defense. First half shutout. Michigan.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear I was high on cough syrup.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• FVCK THE BIG TEN NETWORK!!!!!
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Incidentally, way down on your TV dial earlier this afternoon, Toledo for effed in the A by the refs near the end of their game against Syracuse.

The Orange clearly missed a PAT late, but it was called good, and then--inexplicably--the review booth failed to overturn the call, even though replays showed the PAT was clearly wide. The PAT gave the Orange a 3 point lead late, which Toledo tied up with a last-second FG, where the Rockets lost in OT.

Never should've went to OT. The Rockets won that game.

Comment

• Against OU, Mizzou is doing the voodoo that they do so well, up 14-3 in the middle of the first.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Wyoming is giving the Huskers a bit (but just a bit) more trouble than expected; Nebraska only up 7 late in the first half,

Comment

• Indiana is getting SHUT THE **** OUT by North ****ing Texas, 24-0.

Why couldn't they be on Michigan's schedule this year?

Comment

• And Minnesota loses to North Dakota State.

I'm feeling much better about our chance against the Gophers now.

This game contains what is probably the TD of the day: at the end of the first half, Minnesota heaved up a Hail Mary that was intercepted. The DB got about halfway down the field, got stripped, and another member of the Fightin' Deadwoods (I know, Deadwood is in SD, work with me) scooped it up and scored, while numerous Gophers milled around, lost and confused.

Edit: apparently, North Dakota State are the Bison. Which... kind of awesome, actually.

Comment

• Selected 2 areas in this posting are unquestionably the finest we have all had
                  I couldn't have put it better myself.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The man is a prophet.

Comment

• My first quick-and-dirty Top Ten after the first four weeks:

1. LSU
                      2. Alabama
                      3. Boise State
                      4. Oklahoma
                      5. Oklahoma State
                      6. Wisconsin
                      7. Florida
                      8. Stanford
                      9. Clemson
                      10. Nebraska

lurking: Oregon, Texas, South Carolina, Virginia Tech, Texas A&M, Georgia Tech

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                        Incidentally, way down on your TV dial earlier this afternoon, Toledo for effed in the A by the refs near the end of their game against Syracuse.

The Orange clearly missed a PAT late, but it was called good, and then--inexplicably--the review booth failed to overturn the call, even though replays showed the PAT was clearly wide. The PAT gave the Orange a 3 point lead late, which Toledo tied up with a last-second FG, where the Rockets lost in OT.

Never should've went to OT. The Rockets won that game.
                        And I'm ****ed out of a point yet again in the college pick'em.

Comment

• Top Ten...

1. LSU
                          2. Alabama
                          3. Stanford
                          4. Oklahoma
                          5. Oregon
                          6. Boise State
                          7. Florida
                          8. Wisconsin
                          9. Oklahoma State
                          10. Virginia Tech

Comment

• That seems like an eminently reasonable ranking.

That November 5th game between LSU and Alabama ought to be ****ing epic.

Flordia's next two games are home vs. Bama, and at LSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                              And I'm ****ed out of a point yet again in the college pick'em.
                              Can you imagine if a big name team (say, Michigan or Nebraska, for instance) lost in the same manner that Toledo did? **** would be on fire, yo. The conference officials wouldn't be able to get away with, "they missed the call, too ****ing bad."

Comment

• 4-0 for the first time since 1952! Party on Illini.

Comment

Working...
                                X