College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
    Ok, UCLA seems to be out of danger. But jesus, they suck.

Comment

• So, how much longer does Brian Kelly have a job? Week five?
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I'm just wondering if DanS has doused himself in kerosene and struck a match yet.

Orangebloods.com is reporting that Oklahoma and Okie State have applied for membership in the Pac-whatever.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• What does that mean for A&M I wonder... and will Texas be accepted to the Pac-16 with that TV deal (perhaps with a payment to the other teams to compensate for lost TV revenue?)
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Well, it is little more than a rumor at this point, so let's take a wait and see approach.

But it sounds like it may be time to take the ol' Big 12 out back, behind the shed, and put him out of his misery.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
              So, how much longer does Brian Kelly have a job? Week five?
              If Notre Dame follows standard operating procedure, they'll re-sign Kelly to a ridiculous ten-year deal, then fire him in four years.*

Spoiler:
              Note: This deal will not happen if it is discovered that Kelly is black.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                Orangebloods.com is reporting that Oklahoma and Okie State have applied for membership in the Pac-whatever.
                Don't they have to leave the Big 12 before they apply to other conferences?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                  If Notre Dame follows standard operating procedure, they'll re-sign Kelly to a ridiculous ten-year deal, then fire him in four years.*

Spoiler:
                  Note: This deal will not happen if it is discovered that Kelly is black.
                  Oh wow. Well played, Tupac.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    Best 4th quarter ever?

BEST 4TH QUARTER EVER.
                    Yes. End of story.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                      Don't they have to leave the Big 12 before they apply to other conferences?
                      Theoretically, but just like A&M they will get the *wink* *wink* *nod* before leaving the Big12(-3 so far).

Is there a provision in the Big12 bylaws that says when they fall below a minimum number of teams the conference will be dissolved? And at what point do the other BCS conferences take away the Big12(-3 so far)'s automatic bid?

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                        What does that mean for A&M I wonder... and will Texas be accepted to the Pac-16 with that TV deal (perhaps with a payment to the other teams to compensate for lost TV revenue?)
                        Apparently the SEC is going ahead with taking A&M.

As for the TV deal... the Pac-xx is likely not going to budge on that considering USC and UCLA agreed to forgo higher TV revenues and go for equal sharing.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
                          Is there a provision in the Big12 bylaws that says when they fall below a minimum number of teams the conference will be dissolved?
                          The Big 12 doesn't dissolve if a certain number of teams leave, but they are required to have at least ten teams for their TV contract with ESPN to remain valid. If A&M and Oklahoma do leave, Texas has the option of staying in the Big 12 and scraping together enough teams to get it back to ten, if they want to.

Comment

• Just read something crazy: under Lloyd Carr, Michigan was more likely to win when trailing by a score going into the fourth quarter than when leading by a score going into the fourth.

I honestly don't know what to make of that, but it may explain why I started getting gray hairs at the ripe old age of 19.

Comment

• I don't think it's that crazy. Carr ran a conservative offense: run, run, pass, punt. Drove me nuts, especially when we had good QBs and receivers. Then, after we got behind, he'd open things up. Made for some exciting finishes, but I always wondered why didn't we throw earlier. Not necessarily going deep, but it wouldn't kill ya to throw on first down once in a while. Loosen up the D for the run. But nooooo...
                              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• So... ah... Temple is beating Penn State this weekend

Heard it here first.
                                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X