Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Arrogance ftw
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
      Michigan Arrogance ftw
      Que?

Please to explain.

I am both absolutely livid about today and strangely at peace.

Devin Gardner is a goddamned superhero.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I think he means the 2-pt conversion attempt instead of kicking a PAT to tie it.

I don't see that as arrogance but rather conventional wisdom. At home, go for the win.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I disagree. I'm fine with Michigan losing today. The bird flipper needs to be punished.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
            I think he means the 2-pt conversion attempt instead of kicking a PAT to tie it.

I don't see that as arrogance but rather conventional wisdom. At home, go for the win.

Absolutely the right decision to go for the win:

The defense absolutely could not stop the Buckeye running game. There was no reason to think that OSU wouldn't score TD after TD in overtime, eventually forcing a 2-pt conversion anyway.

Moreover, our starting kicker was out. Don't want to go into OT relying on the back-up kicker.

Finally, Gardner was absolutely GASSED. That was the last, best chance Michigan had.

That was 100% pure-platinum the right decision to go for two.

Now, the playcall itself was questionable at best. Only a three man route, out of a stack formation that you had already shown before OSU used their timeout, to the right side of the field, with a QB who was on (at least) one bad leg and an injured throwing arm as well? TERRIBLE play call. There should have been at least one guy running an inside slant, and a TE or RB in the flat to the left (looked like it would've been open). The play as called forced Gardner to either a) force it to Dileo (the choice he took) or b) throw it as far as he could, as injured as he was, and hope that Gallon found it somehow.

That all said, that was the best playcalling Michigan fans have seen since the Notre Dame game. And Gardner was ****ing amazing. He made me pregnant. I couldn't be prouder of those guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
              I think he means the 2-pt conversion attempt instead of kicking a PAT to tie it.

Conventional wisdom is go for the win on the road, tie the game at home.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Conventional wisdom can go **** a rake.

That was absolutely the right decision, the ONLY decision that gave Michigan a reasonable chance at winning.

Comment

• Auburn disagrees about the 2 pointer also. We'll see how it turns out.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Completely different situation, Tex.

Auburn's isn't down a kicker; Bama's kicking game appears to be in shambles; Auburn has been able to play defense here and there.

They actually have a chance in OT. Michigan wouldn't have had a prayer.

Comment

• They were down a LB, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                        Conventional wisdom can go **** a rake.

That was absolutely the right decision, the ONLY decision that gave Michigan a reasonable chance at winning.
                        I'm not saying it was wrong, I'm saying Boris had it backwards.

ACK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                          Completely different situation, Tex.

Auburn's isn't down a kicker; Bama's kicking game appears to be in shambles; Auburn has been able to play defense here and there.

They actually have a chance in OT. Michigan wouldn't have had a prayer.
                          OT not needed. How long until you see gunners on long FG attempts?

ACK!

Comment

• I literally just came.

Comment

• Two pump chump!

ACK!

Comment

• I just landed in Dallas and OH MY ****ING GOD.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X