5. Stanford
      6. USC
      7. Boise State
      8. Arkansas
      9. South Carolina
      10. Wisconsin
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• You've still got LSU #2 after that performance? Interesting.

And I assume 3-time loser Wisconsin being in your top 10 is just another small way of stroking your Ducks.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          You've still got LSU #2 after that performance? Interesting.
          One bad game does not negate the season's body of work. Going undefeated in the regular season is a BFD.

Oh, and the AP and Coaches Poll also have LSU at #2.

And I assume 3-time loser Wisconsin being in your top 10 is just another small way of stroking your Ducks.
          Why shouldn't they be? They were the B1G champions, and only lost the Rose Bowl by a touchdown. Average 45 pts a game, win your conference and go to a BCS bowl where you almost won, you get to be in the Top 10.

And I don't think I have any history here of "stroking" the Ducks beyond how they're performing. I was fairly certain they were going to lose to Stanford. I root for them, but I maintain a realistic view of their standing.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
            Ok, final top ten:

1. Alabama
            2. LSU
            3. Oregon
            4. Oklahoma State
            5. Stanford
            6. USC
            7. Boise State
            8. Arkansas
            9. South Carolina
            10. Wisconsin
            1. LSU
            2. Oklahoma State
            3. Boise State
            4. Alabama
            5. Oregon
            6. Arkansas
            7. Stanford
            8. Wisconsin
            9. Michigan State
            10. South Carolina

Comment

• So Houston gets screwed.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                I guess we'll see. ESPN doesn't agree with you.
                Gene Wojoackowskie or however he spells his last name is an idiot. Alabama's defense dominated. Alabama as an entire team didn't.

Comment

So Houston gets screwed.
                  It's their own fault for losing to Southern Miss.

Comment

I guess we'll see. ESPN doesn't agree with you.
                    Well... I guess I was wrong (see how hard it is to say that Al? You really should try it. Really, really.). I was kinda think 'Bama would win, but I figured it was at least going to be close. Alabama should be #1.

However, now we get to pick on the BSC for crowning a National Champ who couldn't even win their own division, much less their own Conference.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                      It's their own fault for losing to Southern Miss.
                      Most definitely.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Overnight ratings for Alabama's 21-0 victory over LSU were the lowest for a national championship in the 14-year history of the BCS. The All-SEC affair, the first championship pairing teams from the same conference, drew a 13.8 overnight rating on ESPN. The previous record low was a 14.3 for Miami-Nebraska at the 2002 Rose Bowl.

To put last night's rating in perspective, Alabama-LSU on Nov. 5 drew an 11.5 on CBS. Last night's game was down 14 percent from Auburn's three-point victory over Oregon last year. It was down 24 percent from Alabama's last national championship when the Crimson Tide defeated Texas in 2010.

Good work, America.

Comment

• Overnight ratings for Alabama's 21-0 victory over LSU were the lowest for a national championship in the 14-year history of the BCS.
                          Good. New Year's Day or the first Monday in January would be fine.
                          January 9 is ridiculously far removed from the actual college football season.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
                            Gene Wojoackowskie or however he spells his last name is an idiot. Alabama's defense dominated. Alabama as an entire team didn't.

There was nothing wrong with Alabama's offense. Running game had a high average per carry. QB had decent numbers. I'm wondering if the FG's were to make some statement.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                              Overnight ratings for Alabama's 21-0 victory over LSU were the lowest for a national championship in the 14-year history of the BCS. The All-SEC affair, the first championship pairing teams from the same conference, drew a 13.8 overnight rating on ESPN. The previous record low was a 14.3 for Miami-Nebraska at the 2002 Rose Bowl.

To put last night's rating in perspective, Alabama-LSU on Nov. 5 drew an 11.5 on CBS. Last night's game was down 14 percent from Auburn's three-point victory over Oregon last year. It was down 24 percent from Alabama's last national championship when the Crimson Tide defeated Texas in 2010.

Good work, America.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                                Did LSU actually total less than 100 yds of offense?
                                They were running the worst options I've ever seen in my life.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X