No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reputedly why he was shown the door from the Wales camp I believe.
    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• The reason for the apparent harshness of Steve Diamonds ban is that it is his second offence of the season. Would like to hear kOc's views on the ban.
      It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Steve Diamond makes Cockers look like Mary Poppins. Quite an achievement. There can't be any argument with the penalty. Serial offender.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Talking of serial offenders I see that Julian White is getting done for stamping...again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak View Post
            The reason for the apparent harshness of Steve Diamonds ban is that it is his second offence of the season. Would like to hear kOc's views on the ban.
            It sounds deserved, hopefully it'll get him to wise up.

He shouldn't be blasting the referee (we're not football) and shouldn't be assaulting opposing squads fitness coaches, this ban will hopefully work some magic.

What I want to be hearing in the news atm is that the French Federation are hit with a massive fine as regarding the ice hockey match between France and Ireland. They did nothing to ensure the pitch wouldn't be frozen, knew it was frozen days in advance, still let Irish fans come all the way over and offer no compensation. Add to that, the BBC need to be fined for replacing rugby with Country and Western music and not a classic, archived 6 Nation Game. I think I ended up watching 'Take Me Out' with the wife - I deserve compensation!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
              Talking of serial offenders I see that Julian White is getting done for stamping...again.
              The old reprobate only got a week!
              " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
              "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
                The old reprobate only got a week!
                Must have been 'playful' stamping the little scamp.

Comment

• Hard to know what to make of the England players released for this weekend, whether it points to anything for next week. Game time? Morgan is on the bench for Scarlets.

Comment

• It's quite amazing Julian is still playing. And discipline has always been his achillles heal, he knows the colour red all too well.

Very hard to read anything into any of it with regards to the player releases. Lancaster has hinted Dickson and Morgan but many a slip? It is the kick up the backside Youngs needs if he is dropped.

Wales with their dander up can be very difficult opponents. I don't like losing to them at HQ. But to be honest Lancaster's simple die hard defence game plan won't stop a side that creates the number of chances Wales can. Which is a depressing admission for me!

Comment

• Tigers gutsed it out and upset my tipping in the process. Shame Mickey Young fiddled around with someone's eyes recently because he'd have to be better than Grindal. Manu did some nice things, the sorts of things England could do with, but still looks short of a gallop. Not sure that he's ready to start a Test match yet. Flood was average - playing outside Grindal can't help - but why didn't he take the drop goal? He was certainly in position several players earlier, and calling for the ball, but Murphy arrived. Very odd.

Comment

• And how many phases before they went for it?

Saracens are everything that Tigers are so often accused of - namely boring, limited, but superbly organised defensively and experts in killing ball.

It was nice however to make a small dent against one of our recent jinxes. Tigers are often at their best when made total underdogs by the bookies.

Flood has been struggling with a groin niggle I believe, I suspect he wasn't 100% comfortable kicking from hand. Charlie is almost certain to retain the ten shirt.

Personally against Wales I would take an 80% fit Manu over a 100% fit Barritt but Lancaster may be more conservative.

Comment

• Ah well, a niggle might explain Flood's less than exuberant game. It seems Manu will play some part against Wales. It depends whether Lancaster wants to keep Barritt's defensive strengths against those monstrous Welsh backs. Manu is a better player than Barritt but I don't think Lancaster will risk starting him underdone. You'd have to assume that Dickson and Morgan will come in for Youngs and Dowson with probably Lawes on the bench alongside, probably, Manu. If Lawes starts, it would have to be at the expense of Croft.

Comment

• What an odd, unbalanced England 22. More 10s and/or centres than you could poke a stick at but absolutely zilch cover for the wings and full back. Can Manu play on the wing? Flood at full back? It really looks like Lancaster can't make up his mind. Glad to see Parling get a start, he has looked good in his brief apearances. Still don't like the Bok but they need some muscle somewhere.

Comment

• Interesting. I mean that they have released eight players the day before the 22 is formally announced that is. Meaning the only interest now is who starts.

Manu can and has played on the wing, but it is not the correct place to use his physicality of course. Flood has rarely popped in at 15 that I can recall (at Tigers Hamilton normally drops in there from wing when Murphy gets crocked) but I think CH has spent a fair amount of time at full back.

Browns release surpised me a little given Foden's errors last time out - still paying the price for New Zealand those few years ago maybe? Bit suprised Dowson is retained ahead of the tank too - Phil has not really made an impact after finally getting his chance. I really think it has come one year and one injury too late for Dowson.

Still the tank has signed an extension at Tigers and he had these kinds words to say "I've really enjoyed my rugby. I have a lot to thank the club for because I would not have got where I am now without Leicester.". if you didn't know better you would think he worked in PR.

Comment

• TTE now has a profile he never had in the backblocks of Christchurch. So he speaks the truth.

A finger injury to CH - real or a put-up job, who knows? - now has the side looking well balanced. It will be a very interesting test of Farrell at 10. I don't think he has an ounce of creativity in him but we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                                X