No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're doing well so far! This is despite Scarlets playing 'an understrength team'. I've yet to have a success on a Friday night.

Likewise, Edinburgh are putting out a very understrength team...they'll still confound me.

Comment

• Don't you ever sleep? Or getting in practice for when the baby turns up?

The easy ones are out of the way. Ulster were missing a few names, Muntser nearly a teamful of names. Ulster cut them to shreds.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
        Don't you ever sleep? Or getting in practice for when the baby turns up?
        On my holidays. The baby situation resolved itself, we'll try again in a few months time.

Comment

• Ah. Very sorry to hear it.

I'm currently very ticked off. Sky Sport Italy isn't showing any rugby this weekend which is unusual. And my other source, the online streams, are wonky in the extreme for some reason.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Finally found a solid stream for Quins -v- Exeter. Narrow Quins win but Rory Clegg left a dozen or more points on the paddock with dire kicking. The boy should never have left Newcastle. His game hasn't developed in the slightest, and won't while he plays second-fiddle to Nick Evans. Quins missed Evans terribly, his generalship as much as his skills, their pack was as poor as ever, and a side with more attacking nouse than Exeter would have won (given Clegg's terrible kicking). Quins prospered early in the season when other teams suffered with the absence of England squad players. It will be interesting to see what happens when - not if - the likes of Robshaw are lost to them for the England cause.

Comment

• Was able to watch Leceister Vs Sale today with my dad and wife - what a great game. Sale got off to a bad start as a double tackle resulted in us losing Seymour for the rest of the game and took out one of our front-rowers to get stitched up. The referee then stitched up the Sale scrum and in a subsequent scrum he awarded a penalty try.

Leceister looked the business as Murphy scored but Sale got back into it with really positive running rugby despite the dreadful weather. Put simply, whilst Sale lost they were playing an attractive brand of rugby and showing tonnes of commitment. That said the front row does creak, Gaskell was dreadful and until Titerral came on our line-out (which should be a strength) mis-fired quite often. All in all, I was very pleased to be a Sale supporter.

Comment

• kOc, that's the first time I've seen Sale this season and, I reckon, you have something to look forward to. Some very talented young players, I like the look of Miller, tons of commitment, and a coach who seems to connect with them. They play gung-ho running rugby - the confidence of youth - even in dire conditions. Atractive, but not always wise. They also play a high-risk defensive game. So they're going to lose some games they should win, but, with experience, and if the potential is realised, it could be a very good team. I don't think Diamond signed wisely with some of his front row - eg, Buckley, who was missing yesterday - but that's another matter. The scrum creaked, but the penalty try was farcical. Castro, playing on the wrong side, wasn't binding, and was just driving in sideways. The ref was on the wrong side but his assistant must have seen it. Leicester were too experienced in the conditions, but they couldn't get their boot on Sale's throat let alone keep it there.

Bath cleaned up Irish. Irish confound me. They were dire. They made Bath look good. That's how dire they were. Another yellow card for D. Armitage for a totally unnecessary late clatter. He seemed to find it amusing. For another player it might have been a warning, but as B. Kay said on commentary - with his record, Armitage has to be careful. The main commentator called Armitage committed. I liked VD's response: "I'd change committed to stupid". Overall, though, VD's a gobby twayt but I actually like his rugby analysis.
                Last edited by finbar; January 2, 2012, 04:17. Reason: Had to steel myself to praise VD.

Comment

• Just read Cockers' post-match comments:

"The breakdown area today was a farce. We are the team trying to play rugby but they are lying all over the tackle area and it has to be penalised.

"The officials didn't get it right today and a large holiday crowd deserve better."
                  Pardon me while I wet my pants giggling. April Fools Day comes early.

Comment

• Hello chaps. Having found the site down earlier in the festive period I was remiss in not trying again until now.

So I think you see why Mallinder - with a vastly inferior trophy haul - is in line for England whilst Cockerill is not. His outbursts let Richard down. ALL sides lay all over the ball because the laws have been totally messed up in that regard by the IRB. Allow proper rucking again and the problem will go away toute suite.

Sale came off second best at the breakdown by a slim margin and it was just enough. Of course I would have wanted a bonus point but doing the double will have to suffice. I tend to agree Sale have long term potential (even the infamous welsh 8 is doing a job for them) but I suspect Lancaster may come calling and that will test their squad severely. Gaskell certainly needs to be given a go in the EPS I think.

Bath were a surpise package - not that I wish them well (clubs with multi-millionaire owners are not my cup of tea).

And what a time for the insects to visit Welford Road - five straight losses and blanked at home by Worcester. I guess that mean they will put a bonus point win on us.

*What is with that Sale strip this season - since when is Maroon a Sale colour?
                    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak View Post
                      *What is with that Sale strip this season - since when is Maroon a Sale colour?
                      When our forwards clash heads.

Comment

• There was a bit of the old claret after that clash of heads - fortunately it sounds like Seymour is okay?
                        It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• That was also a very nice try worked by the Sale locks. Toss Richie Gray into the locking mix and there's going to be mobility to burn. What they're going to need, though, is some locking grunt in the scrums.

Comment

• Certainly against sides like Sarries, Tigers and Quins that deficiency shows.

The big question is how do we get Wasps relegated when Newcastle are even worse?

Comment

• There's something seriously wrong at Wasps. I've seen them a few times this season. They had Quins on toast the other week. There's talent in the team, much more than Newcastle, Worcester, etc, and they often get enough of the ball, but their decision-making and skills are dire. Shaun Edwards saw the writing on the wall. I wasn't sure why they employed the coach and they must now be wondering the same.

Comment

• I tend to agree - if he survives the season I doubt he will make it to the next one.

Wonderful sound bites the man delivers though. I rather liked the one about not throwing the bricks out of the pram - a rather interesting mixed metaphor of sorts?

Comment

Working...
                                X