No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And today Lyn Jones turned out a team that worked hard but lacked organisation at times. It will be hard for London Welsh to match the example of Exeter unless they can address that fairly quickly. The bottom line is Tigers did not execute well either - but ran out very comfortable winners.
    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• And I tipped the exact margin as well. Worth a bonus point in my tipping comp. Sale cost me tipping the card!

I don't hold out too many hopes for LW unfortunately. Though Irish must have given them a run for lack of organisation. They were a clueless rabble against Sarries.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• From the 'Highlights' I would say Irish did indeed take that crown for 'rabble-ness'.

It is a huge ask for London Welsh to compete - they finished fourth in the Championship. One does also note the irony that superGav missed the opener through injury.

And I did enjoy the Quins result of course.
        It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• B. Redpath is threatening wholesale changes at Sale. What? He didn't start his best team on Saturday? Typical coach-speak after a disaster, blaming the players. There's a good deal of talent in the team. Maybe they just need a good coach.

Wasps have even more talent, a lot of it very young. What they need is some grizzled hard-headedness. A bit of that on Saturday and they would have won.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• You say that like Wasps and Sale losing is a bad thing?

*edit* Looks like the Lions will be dominated by Welsh players with the appointment of Gatland then - despite their repeated failures to compete with SANZAR sides. Just look at how tidily NZ disposed of a Wallabies outfit that Wales could not ask any serious questions of.
            Last edited by Havak; September 4, 2012, 09:03.

Comment

• Yes, the announcement warmed my heart. Warburton to skipper and either broken or red-carded in the first five minutesd, Phillips at 9, Mr-One-Dimensional Roberts at 12. Bring it on.

Comment

• I am looking forward to the exchanges between the coaches though - Deans strikes me as being largely above the mind game that Gatland loves so dearly?

And of course the Lions must take VD as their "friendship ambassador" for the tour.

Comment

• No, Deans doesn't bother with that rubbish. Very intelligent chap and apparently a nice bloke, too. Outstanding S15 coaching record but it's yet to translate to Test rugby.

Comment

• Sale Vs Saracens this weekend.

Given that Saracens demolished London Irish and Sale got demolished by Exeter I am surprised that to get odds of 1/1 on a Saracens win they just need a -6 handicap.

It is probable that Sale will get taken by at least 20...

Predictions for this weekend gentlemen please

Comment

• Quins by a lot
                      Wasps
                      Leicester
                      Glaws
                      Sarries
                      Saints

I haven't looked at the Rabies lot yet.

Comment

• Quins by a sackload
                        Bath by < 7
                        Leicester by >14
                        Gloucester by <7
                        Sarries by a huge margin
                        Saints by >14

Comment

• Yes, Bath -v- Wasps is an interesting one. Bath are likely to make even more defensive boobs than Quins and don't have the quality to overcome it. We'll see.

Comment

• There is no rational basis for my tip on the Bath game, I simply won't tip Wasps. Ever.

Comment

• How could I forget?

The Rabies matches aren't so clear-cut this week. More than a couple of lotteries.

Connacht
                              Scarlets
                              Edinburgh
                              Munster
                              Dragons
                              Ulster

Comment

• I'll never let you forget.

I don't know enough about minor league rugby to offer tips on the Rabies fixtures.

Comment

Working...
                                X