Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah well, still unchallenged.

In other news, Croft ruled out of the SA tour, yet Cockers insists the injury wasn't serious. A sore shoulder. Odd. With Wood already ruled out, L'Hasq unavailable with his S15 duties, the back row pickings are looking a bit thin.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• There's something seriously buggered about this site recently. The most recent post here (before this one) should be one I made yesterday arvo. Shows up on the front page, doesn't show in the thread.

Anyhoo, the England backs coach job is turning into a typical RFU mess. Farrell was obviously first choice so anyone approached post-Farrell knows they're second (or worse) choice. Smith was part of Nick Mallett's coaching ticket and had obviously agreed to be included on the ticket. Now he has turned down Lancaster. I'd prefer to work with Mallett before Lancaster, too. So now we have Mike Catt, whose London Irish achievements certainly couldn't be called remarkable. The RFU's capacity for screwing up is remarkable.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
        Typically, just about everything in Cipriani's quotes is delusional. Apparently he finally spat the dummy once and for all after being dropped despite the fact that O'Connor is injured.
        I don't understand the logic here.

If Cipriani did have a tantrum, then why is he going to get paid for the remainder of his contract? Why give him a good send-off?

Wouldn't you force the player to meet his contract or face the consequences if he was being an arse?

It is going to be very interesting to see how Cipriani does at Sale. It will be impossible for him to be our worst signing - Matthew Tait will forever be the worst signing Sale have ever made. A rather quick water-boy.

Comment

• Is this forum borked? It keeps telling me you chaps have made newer posts than I have but I cannot see them.
          It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• I have exactly the same problem. I only know you posted because of the email alert. The post hasn't appeared, nor have a couple of mine and one of kOc's. The last post that shows for me is #1710. When I click on View First Unread Post it will only take me to the top of p57. And I've tried Chrome as well as my usual Firefox.

Comment

• Now the post I just made is visible, but as #1715, with no posts #1711-1714.

Comment

• Now the missing posts have appeared!

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
                  I don't understand the logic here.

If Cipriani did have a tantrum, then why is he going to get paid for the remainder of his contract? Why give him a good send-off?

Wouldn't you force the player to meet his contract or face the consequences if he was being an arse?

It is going to be very interesting to see how Cipriani does at Sale. It will be impossible for him to be our worst signing - Matthew Tait will forever be the worst signing Sale have ever made. A rather quick water-boy.
                  Not a tantrum in terms of walking out. Just a tantrum. He has wanted out of the Rebels since last year. The Rebels, having invested a lot of money in him, wanted a return. The law of diminishing returns took over and he contributed less and less. Cipriani announced that he had signed with Sale for next season which provided an "honourable" way out for everyone - he leaves early to prepare with Sale with the Rebels' best wishes, the Rebels give him a nice send-off. Public relations, basically, papering over the reality that they were very happy not to see each other ever again.

Cipriani has talent. He will never be the superstar that some mooted and that he believed he would be and seems still to believe he will be. He has too many weaknesses, on-field and off-field, and the on-field weaknesses are still there. Only time at Sale will tell whether his off-field weaknesses remain. Diamond has taken a risk, that's for sure.

Comment

• It looks like Brian Smith is flexing his muscles at Irish - first, bringing back Shane Geraghty after his poisonous exit to Saints those years ago, now bringing in Humphreys from Ulster. Humphreys has developed since his Leicester days, even his defence is marginally better, but neither 10 could be called solid or reliable. Capable of brilliance, certainly, but equally capable of extreme flakiness. All Irish's 10 eggs in one fragile basket it seems. One assumes Toby Booth is in agreement. Or has he been marginalised?

Comment

• Wasps being incapable of beating Newcastle has spoilt my accumulators, but I'll take solace that I'm getting most results right. It'll come good at some point.

Sale get 6th place and a spot in the Heineken Cup. As a Sale supporter I don't feel like we've had that good a season - certainly not one to justify 6th position. It flatters us.

Comment

• Sale have been inconsistent this season. The clubs below them have often been rubbish. On that basis, they deserve their 6th spot. Wasps were their usual selves today - a mixture of pretty good and poor. They have a future with some very good young talent. Whether D. Young is the right coach or not is another matter.

Comment

• Give him a new ten year contract.

Even escaping relegation doesn't guarantee them anything -still in very real danger of going out of business unless a new sugar daddy arrives.

Never gave Sale any chance of beating Quins and thankfully natural justice came through and stopped Exeter taking Saints play off spot from them. Now Saints are quite capable of beating Quins, but sadly Sarries can sneak past Tigers too. I'd love a Tigers-Saints final.
                          It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• I read somewhere that new ownership/funding would emerge if Wasps stayed up. I suspect it will.

You're tough on Exeter. Saints have played some rubbish rugby this season even with all their internationals in situ. Leicester more than overcame their early setbacks and missing internationals, Saints continued to misfire. Mallinder might not be the great coach everyone was thinking. Exeter are the best advert for keeping relegation and promotion.

I still think it comes down to Leicester -v- Quins. ESPN were covering all the matches yesterday with inserts of action from every game. Sarries' scoreline flatters them in terms of tries. When CH waltzes through a couple of tackles and speeds to the try line you know there's a problem with the oppo's defence.

Looks like Jim Hamilton will be missing some rugby. Judging from the replay, there will be more than few players - particularly Irish chaps - suspended too.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
                              Looks like Jim Hamilton will be missing some rugby. Judging from the replay, there will be more than few players - particularly Irish chaps - suspended too.
                              Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Big Jim dealt big blows, but Paice provoked it both times.

Brian Smith couldn't be more biased and in my view, wrong:

London Irish director of rugby Brian Smith:

"Jim Hamilton [who was sent off] has got a lot to answer for, it's not the 1970s. It was very disappointing, it was a blight on the game.

"Hamilton was the instigator and we have David Paice possibly with concussion and a dozen stitches in his head. As a captain of the Gloucester team Hamilton's behaviour was unacceptable.

"He is a Test player but I would be surprised if he plays any Test footy this summer, because it was a disgrace what he did today."
                              Marland Yarde scores two second-half tries as London Irish jump above Gloucester to finish seventh in the Premiership.

The London Irish no. 8 should also be cited for punching Jim Hamilton whilst his arms were held - he also bopped two other Gloucester players.

Comment

• Yes Brian Smith is wrong - a PR snow job on his part.

Amazing what a silly push can lead to isn't it?

He was the instigator in that he made that push. It was unforutnate the next active bit of play put Paice and Big Jim together as Paice was looking for an excuse. Smtih can say what he likes - by pursuing a player leaving the field paice was totally out of order. Poor captaincy by Casey there. Paice deserved his red - maybe the concussion will teach him a lesson.

Has the Irish 8 been cited yet? Hard to believe he will escape it.

I'm hoping you are wrong about Wasps funding Finbar. And perhaps I am hard on Exeter - but they manipulate the league fixtures to finish much higher than their true worth. Exeter in the play offs would have been a travesty for me. Saints are variable for sure - but they are IMO a better side than Exeter to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X