No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football D/ST League Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balanced schedule != even schedule. Playing Sloww the week the Pats play @ NYJ for example will be a much easier week than playing him when the Pats play at home vs CHI, not to mention when they play DET.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
      Balanced schedule != even schedule. Playing Sloww the week the Pats play @ NYJ for example will be a much easier week than playing him when the Pats play at home vs CHI, not to mention when they play DET.
      Does Brady play Denver this year? He always sucks when he plays against Denver.

Which reminds me... Week 14, Giants at Minnesota... Jonny, I know that's a huge week but... I can tell you as a Giants fan, Eli Manning is terrible against the Vikings. Mind-numbingly, how can he be so bad against one team, awful against the Vikings. I don't care who the Titans play, you'd be better off starting Vince Young on Week 14.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• A short history of Eli Manning vs. the Vikings... every game he has played against the Vikes:

Nov. 13, 2005:
        Vikings win 24-21
        Eli's statline: 23/48 291yds 1TD 4INT

Nov. 25, 2007:
        Vikings win 41-17
        21/49 273yds 1TD 4INT

Dec. 28, 2008:
        Vikings win 20-19
        11/19 119yds

Jan. 3, 2010:
        Vikings win 44-7
        17/23 141yds 1INT

I know Eli Manning is not the greatest QB but he's still very good. It's incomprehensible how one team could so have his number since 2005... In 4 games (all losses) against the Vikes, he's thrown 9 interceptions and only 2 touchdowns. I really don't think there's any other team that so has a QB's number as the Vikings have Eli.

Can anyone think of anything comparable?

You're welcome, Jonny
        Last edited by Al B. Sure!; August 30, 2010, 18:48.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• My rankings:
          1. Spaced
          2. Al B.
          3. Sloww
          4. Duke
          5. Joncha
          6. Berz
          7. Jag
          8. Jonny
          9. Ozzy
          10. MRT
          11. Flash
          12. Snoopy
          13. Imran
          14. Guy

My method: Randomizing the numbers 1-14
          My prediction: My rankings will match or supersede Snoopy's and MRT's in accuracy.
          Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• HAHA, you're awesome.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Come on, FF is around 95% luck. Put in a minimum amount of research and you have just as good as chance to win a FF league as an "expert."
              Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
                Come on, FF is around 95% luck. Put in a minimum amount of research and you have just as good as chance to win a FF league as an "expert."
                I wasn't being sarcastic
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• It'll take a drunken lady luck for me to make the playoffs, my team might be fighting to stay out of the cellar - my QB situation is scaring the hell out of me

and ty Jag, and Slow and Snoopy et al for another successful draft.

To those who left or kept lists

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                    It'll take a drunken lady luck for me to make the playoffs, my team might be fighting to stay out of the cellar - my QB situation is scaring the hell out of me

and ty Jag, and Slow and Snoopy et al for another successful draft.

To those who left or kept lists
                    Why the worry about QB? McNabb is great; it's just he's going to miss time, especially behind that terrible Washington offensive line... But you could do a lot worse than Alex Smith as a backup. I'm on the 49ers offensive bandwagon... they have the offensive line and the weapons to be a top 5 offense. Alex Smith might never be a great QB but he definitely could be this year's Kyle Orton in terms of a guy who is catapulted by his supporting cast from mediocrity to someone who puts up numbers. I'm very bullish on Smith and the 49ers in general. I would've drafted Smith but I was concerned I was putting too many eggs in one basket a la Jaguar, although the 49ers being a powerhouse is a lot less of a stretch than the Kansas City Chiefs being anything but the 3rd worst team in the NFL.

Comment

• I would just like to inform everyone that in Madden, the Cleveland Browns have a pretty stifling defense... D'Qwell Jackson and Scott Fujita are tackle machines; Matt Roth gets to the QB; Shaun Rogers stuffs the run, and Sheldon Brown and Eric Wright are a solid, if slow, CB tandem.

Comment

• And last time I played Madden, I took the Lions to the Super Bowl.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Last time I played madden, Reggie bush rushed for 5000 yards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            And last time I played Madden, I took the Lions to the Super Bowl.
                            Did you see the Lions winning the Super Bowl cinematic I posted in the other thread?

Comment

• Let's get real though... Shaun Rogers is a very good D-lineman. D'Qwell Jackson is one of the better MLB's in the league, especially at tackling. Scott Fujita is a solid veteran. Matt Roth was pretty good in Miami as well as last year on the Browns. Eric Wright is a solid corner, though not the fastest. Sheldon Brown may be old but it wasn't THAT long ago that he and Lito Shepherd were a hell of a CB duo. The real weakness to the Browns defense is the safety position. If rookie Joe Haden develops well enough to line up opposite Wright, it would free up Brown to play safety which may be a great position change for someone his age with his declining speed but great awareness.

Comment

• Stop trying to rationalize one of the most bizarre picks in the draft. I'm not even trying this hard with my RBs.

Comment

Working...
                                X