Apolyton Fantasy Football D/ST League Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leaving a list
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Jaguar, I'm amazed at how much of a QB run you managed to start. 4 of the first 11, with perhaps a couple more to come. And with each one that goes, your RB1/WR1 gets better.
      Kudos.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

If Steven Jackson is still on the board at my second round pick, I would pick him without hesitation.

The funny thing is, if Imran, Guy, and Sloww were all online right now, we could just blaze through the next 6 picks.

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
        Jaguar, I'm amazed at how much of a QB run you managed to start. 4 of the first 11, with perhaps a couple more to come. And with each one that goes, your RB1/WR1 gets better.
        Kudos.

Why did people listen to Jaguar?! Apolytoners, don't listen to him! You're feeding into his draft strategy.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Six picks for 3 guys with good football smarts at the end of the round -- no way SJax lasts.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Kudos.
            Hehe, I kind of figured this was his angle. Very cunning. He still has a good point though about QBs. And heck, if other people are gonna follow along, then there is even more of a reason to join in since the good QBs will be off the board first. I'm sure the folks who were hoping to wait till the 2nd or 3rd round are now worried they are gonna get stuck with some schlub and will hurry to pick QB too.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

QBs genuinely deserve to be taken high in this ruleset. QB drafting has been creeping up in 'poly over the years, as the draft market has adjusted to our rule changes.

I admit my motives are pretty transparent, but I do not consider the people behind me to be, like, confused by my wiles or anything. They're making good choices. Drew Brees was the best pick of the draft so far. I also like snoopy's pick of Ray Rice at 3rd overall, and I like whoever gets Steven Jackson this late too.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Moreso than the ruleset, having 14 teams puts a real premium on the position.

Comment

You know what? I knew there was no reason to leave a list. I did though, just to jack with Ozzy and just in case I wasn't as smart as I think I am about characteristics. I knew it wouldn't be necessary though.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ooh, Imran is here!
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                      You know what? I knew there was no reason to leave a list. I did though, just to jack with Ozzy and just in case I wasn't as smart as I think I am about characteristics. I knew it wouldn't be necessary though.
                      Why? Because of Imran?
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
                        QBs genuinely deserve to be taken high in this ruleset. QB drafting has been creeping up in 'poly over the years, as the draft market has adjusted to our rule changes.

I admit my motives are pretty transparent, but I do not consider the people behind me to be, like, confused by my wiles or anything. They're making good choices. Drew Brees was the best pick of the draft so far. I also like snoopy's pick of Ray Rice at 3rd overall, and I like whoever gets Steven Jackson this late too.
                        With the amount of teams we have there is just so many more viable strategies available.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Everyone has their own thought process.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            Why? Because of Imran?
                            Who's next?

Comment

Al, why exactly did you think Stephen Jackson would survive to your pick in the middle of the 2nd round?

01.01 Jonny - Chris Johnson - RB - TEN
                              01.02 Berzerker - Maurice Jones-Drew - RB - JAX
                              01.03 snoopy - Ray Rice - RB - BAL
                              01.04 Flash9286 - Adrian Peterson - RB - MIN
                              01.05 Jaguar - Peyton Manning - QB - IND
                              01.06 Al B. - Frank Gore - RB - SF
                              01.07 MRT - Aaron Rodgers - QB - GB
                              01.08 Spaced Cowboy - Michael Turner - RB - ATL
                              01.09 OzzyKP - Drew Brees - QB - NO
                              01.10 joncha - Rashard Mendenhall - RB - PIT
                              01.11 duke o' york - Matt Schaub - QB - HOU
                              01.12 Imran - Stephen Jackson - RB - StL
                              01.13 Guynemer -
                              01.14 Sloww -

02.01 Sloww -
                              02.02 Guynemer -
                              02.03 Imran -
                              02.04 duke o' york -
                              02.05 joncha -
                              02.06 OzzyKP -
                              02.07 Spaced Cowboy -
                              02.08 MRT -
                              02.09 Al B. -
                              02.10 Jaguar -
                              02.11 Flash9286
                              02.12 snoopy -
                              02.13 Berzerker -
                              02.14 Jonny -

List to be sent to Jaguar.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Moreso than the ruleset, having 14 teams puts a real premium on the position.
                                Yeah but it also puts a premium on RB's as much as QB's. Worst case scenario, you get stuck with a Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, David Garrard, or Jason Campbell. Frankly, that's not that bad. Better that then a bunch of RB's who share carries and you don't know who to start any given week.

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                                Al, why exactly did you think Stephen Jackson would survive to your pick in the middle of the 2nd round?
                                I didn't. MRT asked if I would take him if I could get the chance. I said without hesitation. It would be a boon for me if he somehow stayed on the board that late.

Oh and Imran, it's Steven Jackson. Stephen Jackson plays for the Charlotte Bobcats.

Correcting the typo:

01.01 Jonny - Chris Johnson - RB - TEN
                                01.02 Berzerker - Maurice Jones-Drew - RB - JAX
                                01.03 snoopy - Ray Rice - RB - BAL
                                01.04 Flash9286 - Adrian Peterson - RB - MIN
                                01.05 Jaguar - Peyton Manning - QB - IND
                                01.06 Al B. - Frank Gore - RB - SF
                                01.07 MRT - Aaron Rodgers - QB - GB
                                01.08 Spaced Cowboy - Michael Turner - RB - ATL
                                01.09 OzzyKP - Drew Brees - QB - NO
                                01.10 joncha - Rashard Mendenhall - RB - PIT
                                01.11 duke o' york - Matt Schaub - QB - HOU
                                01.12 Imran - Steven Jackson - RB - StL
                                01.13 Guynemer -
                                01.14 Sloww -

02.01 Sloww -
                                02.02 Guynemer -
                                02.03 Imran -
                                02.04 duke o' york -
                                02.05 joncha -
                                02.06 OzzyKP -
                                02.07 Spaced Cowboy -
                                02.08 MRT -
                                02.09 Al B. -
                                02.10 Jaguar -
                                02.11 Flash9286
                                02.12 snoopy -
                                02.13 Berzerker -
                                02.14 Jonny -

Comment

Working...
                                X