No announcement yet.

King James signs with Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had employees that switched jobs for more money, and I was upset. That doesn't mean I thought of them as a slave. I don't think race had anything to do with it, but that never stopped Jesse from sticking his nose in it.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think Gilbert was more pissed at the way LeBron handled it. Usually players will go to their former owners and fans and thank them for everything. LeBron basically ignored Cleveland and one of his assistants gave Gilbert a call like a few minutes before he announced he was going to Miami. It was handled in a very classless manner.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Agreed, but since LeBron is black, Jesse will blame whitey.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Looking at Gilbert's initial letter again, I have to say there's nothing in there that points to racism or a master/slave mentality. It's just about loyalty from a PO'd owner.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Dan Gilbert, in Las Vegas for the NBA owner meetings, has issued a terse press release:

"I strongly disagree with Rev. Jesse Jackson's recent comments and we are not going to engage in any related discussion on it," Gilbert said. "Going forward, we're very excited about the Cavaliers and the positive future of our region."
            The first sentence is smart. The second sentence is pure fantasy...
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I see the league has fined him 100g for his initial tirade. Now that his franchise has probably dropped about 250 million in value, (a half assed estimate that was thrown around) 100g is a drop in the bucket. I'm sure he'll recoup it all when they win the championship.
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Jesse Jackson is an idiot, and I used to have a lot of respect for the man.

Gilbert acted more like a jilted lover than a slave owner.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I used to respect him until he called off his Anheuser-Busch boycott after they awarded his son a multi-million dollar distribution agreement on the south side of Chicago. Yes, it was all about poor people.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

LeBron is dead to me.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                    X