No announcement yet.

Fantasy Baseball Specific Discussion - NO MORE HOLDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And just to throw this out there, Holds hasn't determined a single game. Berz destroyed me when we matched up, 12-3, Holds or no Holds. ****, Berz, I didn't even beat you in Saves, so don't think this is me being a "poor loser".
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

I re-read the thread and the vote on Holds is 4-3 in favor of keeping them, but my vote is the difference. And I aint really that particular IF we can make up for the loss of a relevant pitching category. If we're replacing Holds, the replacement needs to be better. I dont see many options
      We never found a better replacement and nobody was complaining at the time about the vote (other than losing maybe, but I dont remember that). We had 4 final options (and 1 clear winner I think), all had holds - but thats because we had already voted on holds and it was close, but holds won (technically the 3 non-votes endorsed the league's decision so it was 7-3). And like I said, I wouldn't mind replacing it but we dont have many decent options. If we give any weight to saves (Epw says we shoudn't and he may be right) then holds are not illogical since they're virtually the same thing.

Our biggest problem was maintaining some balance between offense and pitching while using relevant categories for both, holds were kept for those reasons imo. But I spent 3 picks on closers and cant even compete for the category yet, so I dont see it as an advantage. Once I get my 3 closers playing my holds will drop off. I cant remember how I voted but I would have supported dropping triples and holds, I'm even thinking a simple 5x5 league would be fine.

Comment

How about:
        OBP, HR, SB, R, RBI
        ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K, QS

Possibly with TB subbed for HR.
        "

Comment

Bring it up next year.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yea I think holds are a lame stat too and did my best to get rid of them before the season started. But, as Berz said, it passed the vote.

As for why people would vote for a stat they don't care about and gladly toss out every week is beyond me. It happens every season but for some reason it sticks around. I think everyone forgets when a new season comes around.

I'm also disappointed that we kept triples. I also wanted that out and my fears are confirmed so far. It is a total wild card. You can't draft or plan for them, they just happen randomly. It definitely throws things off imho.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Well Berz and I are cool, but I think I damn near gave Ming an aneurysm.

Yeah Berz, I was totally wrong, and again I take it back. I didn't misremember, I just forgot a few important details.
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Gee... defending your friends is now having an aneurysm...
                Maybe next time you will not forget "important details" before attacking somebodies honor unfairly.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

This is an internet chat forum fantasy league. I think you put a bit too much stock into what was said. In no way did I intend to harm your Samurai code...

Comment

Yeah... I guess in your world, it's ok to make crap up about somebody that makes them look bad since it's only the internet. But feel free to try to deflect your mistakes by claiming other people should ignore you or not take it seirously when you are acting like a ass.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Help me decide something.

Is it worse that all of you get your nose bleeds at about the same time of the month,
                      or is it better in that then it's all just out of the way?
                      What do you think?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ming, I apologized to Berz for making a mistake. A few times actually.

WTF else do you want?

I may have acted a bit like an ass, but you're acting your age - grumpy old man. Telling me I deserve to get hit, blowing things out of proportion, telling me "what's what". Any minute you're liable to start calling me "sonny". All with blinders on to the fact that I already manned up to Berz.
                        Last edited by The Emperor Fabulous; May 23, 2010, 20:51.

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous View Post
                          Ming, I apologized to Berz for making a mistake. A few times actually.

WTF else do you want?

I may have acted a bit like an ass, but you're acting your age - grumpy old man. Telling me I deserve to get hit, blowing things out of proportion, telling me "what's what". Any minute you're liable to start calling me "sonny". All with blinders on to the fact that I already manned up to Berz.
                          Making up even more crap I see... I basically called you an ass, which you even admit. The rest is in your over active imagination.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Which part did I make up? The fact that I apologized for being an ass and making a mistake, the part where you said "if you pulled this crap in real life, someone would knock you out", you blowing it out of proportion by saying I "attacked his honor", or you telling me what's what by saying "I call it like I see it"?

Meanwhile, you said I deflected my mistake, which I did not. I also admitted I should have had better tact, and that I didn't intend to be personal, but you're ignoring that.

I don't want to be having this conversation, because frankly its pointless and improves nothing, but I want to make sure its clear that I'm not going to accept your view as the correct perspective.

Comment

I mearly defended my friend from baseless accusations. But now you continue to attack me like it's my fault you acted like an ass.

And there is no need for you to accept anything. The good news is, your continued actions can be judged by everybody else, and they can see you for what you are.

I stand by my actions of defending my friends from people who act like asses... I frankly don't care what you think, since everybody can judge you for your actions.
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

So... ignoring y'all's cat fight, I have a humorous nugget for this thread. Despite my noted opposition to both holds and triples, assuming things stay the same for me this week, two of the only three categories I'll win this week are triples and holds!
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X