Fantasy Baseball Specific Discussion - NO MORE HOLDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Baseball Specific Discussion - NO MORE HOLDS

Every year, people try to get holds out of the statistics. And every year, without saying anything or engaging in conversation, Berz just keeps them in.

Through the first 7 weeks:

Me: No holds
    Imran: No holds
    Stuie: No holds
    Ozzy: No holds
    Vlad: 1 hold
    Sloww: 1 hold
    EPW: 3 holds
    Fist: 3 holds
    Guy: 5 holds
    Berz: 18 holds

He keeps it in not because he thinks its a good stat to use, but because he knows he's going to win it every week. Meanwhile, the rest of us don't give two ****s about drafting it. And with the amount of people we have to play, relief pitchers are unnecessary.

Berz - Next season, its time to get rid of Holds.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

I specifically built my team around the fact that I would get no holds. Not a big deal to me. If I wanted holds, I would have picked up a middling reliever.

Ooh - I meant MIDDLE! MIDDLE reliever.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I went with Steals. Practically the same scenario. I'll never draft for Holds. I passed up a Holder when hitting the waiver wire.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I think you guys should replace Holds with Hit Batsmen or Balks.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous View Post
          Every year, people try to get holds out of the statistics. And every year, without saying anything or engaging in conversation, Berz just keeps them in.

He keeps it in not because he thinks its a good stat to use, but because he knows he's going to win it every week. Meanwhile, the rest of us don't give two ****s about drafting it. And with the amount of people we have to play, relief pitchers are unnecessary.

Berz - Next season, its time to get rid of Holds.
          then you run this next year, but dont give me that BS - we voted on this several times with and without holds, and holds won damnit. You got that yet? I didn't keep them in against the will of the majority. And I only focused on holds after the draft, I took 3 closers and 1 was DL and another lost his job. Here's an idea: when you play me, either match my 2 set up men or dont, I dont give a damn. I've been losing the saves category but I dont whine about it. **** THIS ****, you guys lost the vote, dont blame me. I aint running any more leagues here.

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous View Post

Meanwhile, the rest of us don't give two ****s about drafting it.
            If you don't give two ****s about it, whose fault is that, and why are you whining like a stuck pig about it?

And why are you giving Berz crap when it's not his fault most people don't give a damn about a stat.
            It sounds like the majority agreed to the rules, so why abuse him because you can't take the effort to care about ONE of the MANY categories in the game. In most leagues, you have to make decisions on which categories you want to go for... why is holds any different? Oh that's right, it's different because you SUCK AT IT, and can't be "BOTHERED" with it.

Berz... don't take the whiners seriously. You do the site great credit for taking the TIME AND EFFORT that some lazy asses won't do. People want to play fantasy games, but won't take responsibility for getting it running. At least you do. So thanks for all your efforts, and just ignore the sorry ass losers.
            Don't let them bother you... just beat their asses because "they don't give two ****s".
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Is this baseball or wrestling?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

ty Ming

I just lost my cool when the Fab started playing mindreader and accusing me of being devious and unethical. Wtf is up with that?

Comment

Holds is a great stat for fantasy.

SP
                  I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                    ty Ming

I just lost my cool when the Fab started playing mindreader and accusing me of being devious and unethical. Wtf is up with that?

True enough... I wouldn't have bothered to respond if he had just talked about why Holds wasn't a good stat to use. But instead, he did question your ethics, which is just plain wrong. If he want's to focus on saves vs holds, fine, but don't whine about it. It is just a decision the owner has to make it. If he can't be bothered because he doesn't want to focus on the category and go for saves instead, fine... but he shouldn't act like a child about it.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

In fact, I just looked at available RP and sorted on Holds, there are beau coup Holders out there.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

This is some seriously lame-ass ****, TEF. Either have middle-relief, or don't.

I went big on holds a few years ago, and always won the stat. But it is a trade-off; if you have middle-relief in your RP slots, you won't get saves.

So don't be a ***** about it.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I don't think I'd draft for Holds. If I was going to care, I'd pick them up off waivers.
                          Steals, well, I knew Elvis Andrus was going to be a base runner, andI felt more comfortable forecasting Steals over Holds. It's worked out OK. I lose Holds but do fine on other pitching, plus I have Steals.

Comment

Woah, hold up, calm down guys. I'm not yelling, and allow me to step back any accusations I made. Everyone take a chill pill, please.

I made my statement, Berz, because that's exactly what we didn't do. We all took votes on everything, but everything we got a choice to vote on included holds. At least that's how I remember it, as the thread in question isn't on the board any more.

There was no "questioning of ethics". It was just that I recall holds were part of all the options that we voted on, and that specifically when I threw out a choice of options for stats I didn't include holds, Berz included it in the options but he added Holds to it. If I am misremembering, I apologize.

Don't blow this all out of proportion by getting angry, because there is no offense intended.
                            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

rah is the one that's upset. He even didn't call me to not talk about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X