No announcement yet.

IIHF WC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, after destroying germany wednsday, we just have to walk over russia, belarus and slovakia to get to the Quarterfinals.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
      You and Yankees are the only ones to blame for this.
      Lord Stanley's Cup is far more important than some upstart organization's so-called world championship that didn't allow professionals to participate until 1976.
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Bullsh!t.
        Look at the soccer. Every soccer WC is an event of the planetary scale. And it's WC what make soccer so popular worldwide. Hockey is a much better sport and it NEEDS such BIG international contests.
        NHL is just a bunch of selfish motherf*ckers and moneybags who do not give a sh!t about popularization of the sport.

Comment

Serb, no matter what you think, no one cares about the WC where hockey matters.

It's not a World Cup. It's a "World Championship" that takes place with 3rd string players on randomly-chosen teams in a ridiculous format. It's a joke.

It does not help hockey become more popular. The games are boring as ****. Why do you think viewership numbers are sooooo low compared to NHL games?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
            This is precisely why the tournament is a joke. The teams are random, the results are random.
            Nope. The Danes have greatly improved their play during the last several years. They have finished first in their group at Olympics-2006 (and Sweden have intentionaly lost in their group to meet Denmark in 1/4 and thus they have went forward and won their gold medals afterall), iirc. This is precisely why the hockey world needs a big international tournaments like that - to widespread the hockey teachings all around the globe and imrove the quality of play among "new"/"little" hockey nations.
            Last edited by Serb; May 11, 2010, 02:19.

Comment

Serb, no matter what you think, no one cares about the WC where hockey matters.
              And that is bad. Hockey (compared to soccer) deserves a much more worldwide attention. Imagine one day a hockey WC will be as much as popular as the soccer WC. Do you really think that would be bad for our beloved sport? Hockey certainly deserves that.

It's not a World Cup. It's a "World Championship" that takes place with 3rd string players on randomly-chosen teams in a ridiculous format. It's a joke.
              Thanks to a selfish attitude of your league.

It does not help hockey become more popular. The games are boring as ****. Why do you think viewership numbers are sooooo low compared to NHL games?
              If you people really wanted hockey to become a sport number one in the world, instead of soccer, then you would have changed that. Is it really so hard to change the schedule of your national championships to let your players play at WC?

Comment

Sending terrible teams in pointless tournaments does not gain more worldwide attention.

Sorry Serb.

Hockey is #1 in the country where it matters. The rest of the world can **** itself. Too many teams are in the USA as it is, bring them back to Canada
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Sending terrible teams in pointless tournaments does not gain more worldwide attention.
                  Exactly.

Sorry Serb.

Hockey is #1 in the country where it matters. The rest of the world can **** itself. Too many teams are in the USA as it is, bring them back to Canada
                  This is exactly what I meant by selfish attitude you guys have. You don't care about the future of the hockey, really. You are pretty happy with your league and "the rest of the world can **** itself"

Comment

Hockey is a Canadian game. It's not selfish, it's patriotic.

You, of all people, should respect that.

Comment

I do find it cute that you feel the need to beg for Canada's talent and Canada's attention. You guys will just have to make do. We're more than happy with hockey in Canada and plan to keep it that way.

Comment

I do find it cute that you feel the need to beg for Canada's talent and Canada's attention. You guys will just have to make do. We're more than happy with hockey in Canada and plan to keep it that way.

Canadian talents?
                        That's why Ovechkin, Malkin and Datsuk who grabbed the most valuable NHL trophies last season are all Canadians? You guys, have the oldest and no matter how hard is it to say for me - the most popular and the best hockey league in the world. And your attitute towards the international competitions makes me sick and makes you just a bunch of selfish bastrds. It's not about Canadian talents, it's about the talents from around the world who play in your league.

Comment

If you guys are so good, then you don't need Canada to help make your cute little IIHF world championship mean something. Canada doesn't care, doesn't mean the lesser hockey nations can't fight for it like a piece of scrap meat.

If all of the best players in the world continue to pick the NHL over the stupid IIHF tournament, then maybe that says something. Right? Right?

Sorry Serb.

Comment

Right, that means you are a selfish mother****ers who doesn't allow the best sport in the world to reach a new level of popularity.

And yes, we are good. That temporary disaster at the last Olympics was just a temporary disaster.
                            We gonna crush you at the every WC up to Sochi Olympics, where we will absolutely destroy you. 'cause we are angry as hell. You can take it as my prophecy.

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
                              Right, that means you are a selfish mother****ers who doesn't allow the best sport in the world to reach a new level of popularity.
                              Patriot. Not selfish. Canadian game, it stays in Canada. The rest of the world can be ignorant and play ****ing soccer, they deserve it.

And yes, we are good. That temporary disaster at the last Olympics was just a temporary disaster.
                              We gonna crush you at the every WC up to Sochi Olympics, where we will absolutely destroy you. 'cause we are angry as hell. You can take it as my prophecy.
                              You may very well crush the team from Canada at the WC, but no one cares. I doubt 95% of Canada would even know it happened.

The WC is even less prestigious than the Mac's Midget Tournament in Calgary every year. Seriously.

Comment

Blah-blah-blah. I'm sure you got my message. And somewhere deep in your heart you know that I'm right. But who cares?
                                We gonna kick your ass in Sochi, to stf you up, once and for all (till the next time, of course )

The WC is even less prestigious than the Mac's Midget Tournament in Calgary every year. Seriously.
                                And YOU ARE the only ones to blame for this, SERIOUSLY. And that's bad for the sport.

Comment

Working...
                                X