MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    I'm anti-interleague, anti-DH, and incresingly anti-Wild Card (win your darn division!!!)

Don't particularly care about interleague one way or the other, but your sentiments on DH and wild cards are spot on.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      Jeter seemed to think he was fine to start today and become the first Yankee with 3K hits...
      And Rivera closed it out

(And Arod played on Thursday, so color me not convinced.)
      "

Comment

• A-Rod sucks. Easy explanation. It's all A-Rod all the time.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• A-Rod has a slightly torn meniscus.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• ARod needs surgery. Mo has been battling something or other - he's old and a bit fragile. Jeter either thinks his calf isn't 100% or chose to bail because deep down he knows he's not deserving this year (or a bit 'o both). There are better players who deserve to be recognized, so it works out pretty well, I think.

Jeter's had a miserable year so far, but man what a game he had. 5-5 with a HR, a double, a stolen base and the game-winning hit (a decline-phase special 13-hopper through the drawn-in infield). I was visiting friends in Rhode Island so I missed it, unfortunately. They'll replay it a million times on YES I'm sure, but I almost never can bring myself to watch a "classic" game, since I know the outcome.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              Yeah, I've been eyeing the Sox as the Tigers' #1 threat in the Central, rather than the Indians.
              You may stand down, Guy. The Twins came through town and put the White Sox back in their place.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• You Yankees fans do realize I'm not criticizing your hero's decisions, don't you?
                "

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  You may stand down, Guy. The Twins came through town and put the White Sox back in their place.
                  The Twins seem to have pulled themselves up from irrelevance all of a sudden.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Twins winning streaks are almost invariably White-Sox fueled. It's incredible, really.

Look at the Twins lineup right now. Mauer, Cuddyer, and a bunch of 'whodat' guys -- and they still just routinely mop the floor with the Sox. It's really gotten to be depressingly consistent the last few years.

Organizationally, the Twins just play flawless fundamental baseball. Someone gets hurt or goes free agent, they just plug in the next AAA guy in the system, and never miss a beat. Gotta hand it to them; they've done more with less than any team in baseball over the past decade.

Sidebar: The Central is there for the taking. Cleveland is showing signs of cracking. Whoever gets hot after the break is in the driver's seat. If Detroit can't win the division this year, they might as well give up and ask to go to the NL. It's ridiculous that the Sox can be this sucky and still be in the hunt.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Generally that seems to be how the Tigers do against the Twins. No matter what, the Twins seem to find a way to win. Except this season they've had nothing on Detroit. In fact the Tigers have been mopping up the division, 18-8 so far. Only one of those losses was to the Sox or Twins.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• You're right re: the Tigers, or rather you would be if their lineup wasn't so ****ing pathetic this year.

Jackson and Ordonez have finally been starting to hit, but I can't imagine Avila and Peralta and Boesch are going to keep their end up.

Comment

• Safe!!!
                          Attached Files
                          "

Comment

• Yeah. Wow.

Comment

• Poor Pirates
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Erwin Santana with a NO HITTER! Extra unusual because due to a wild pitch, the opposition scored a run against him!
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X