No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya had me all the way to your third one.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I assume you meant "DH"...although I'm cool with the disabled list, too.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
        I've already stated that the pro bowl is the biggest joke out of all of them so of course not..
        But maybe if it counted for something it wouldn't be such a joke!

Also the baseball all star game can't end in a tie since they changed it to determine home field advantage. Since it now means something, the managers have all been quotes as saying they're trying to win. I guarantee you the players are trying to win.
        It would so end in a tie under the right circumstances. A few injured pitchers and extra innings, bad weather that starts in the bottom of the 14th and lasts for the next 2 days..etcetc. I don't care what the managers say, I judge them but what they do on the field, and its clear they don't play to win.
        "

Comment

• The effort has been made by the league. Nobody has enough influence on spoiled players to force them to think and care.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Injuries in the all-star game suck
            Remember Ray Fosse .

(Pete Rose is an ass btw)
            "

Comment

• Rangers fan died today trying to catch a foul ball. Awful.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• It sure is.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• He was with his young son.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I didn't see that part. Holy crap.
                    I was watching the game at the VFW with the sound down. They played it after the game and during the newscast over and over.

Comment

• "

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
                        But maybe if it counted for something it wouldn't be such a joke!
                        Until they let them play real football, it will always be a joke. Look at the % of players that don't show up after being selected vs. the % of baseball players that don't show up after being selected.
                        At least when it was in Hawaii the players wives forced them to go.

Originally posted by EPW View Post
                        It would so end in a tie under the right circumstances. A few injured pitchers and extra innings, bad weather that starts in the bottom of the 14th and lasts for the next 2 days..etcetc. I don't care what the managers say, I judge them but what they do on the field, and its clear they don't play to win.
                        They've changed the rules so it's less likely to happen. I'll bet that it doesn't happen again.
                        Just because an starting pitcher only goes 3 inning doesn't mean the manager isn't trying to win. It's not like the guy that's replacing the starter is a crappy pitcher.
                        But we'll probably never agree on that, but we're both entitled to our opinion.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• By the fifth inning, it's no longer the All-Star game. All the top players have their 2 AB and it turns into the "pretty good players" game. And these are, in general, low-scoring, close games.

It's really more a showcase than a competition for home advantage. Everyone gets a participation ribbon and a contract bonus.
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Still the best out of all the all star games.
                            And actually the replacements are sometimes better than the starters due to fan stupidity.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• You don't sit a guy like Pujols if you're trying to win.

Comment

• I don't think getting more people into the game excludes trying to win.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X