No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That, again, is your opinion. That's OK, but I'm just saying that's all that it is. Cliff Lee wasn't all that useful in the World Series, and in fact had his problems during the season.
    Pitched many innings and many strike outs, but his won/loss wasn't spectacular. He did give up some long balls.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I think it is hardly disputed except by the biggest homers that but for Cliff Lee's pitching, the Rays would have beaten the Rangers in the ALDS.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• The Chicago White Sox sign Adam Dunn as their DH (Konerko moving back to 1st) for 4 years, $56 mil

The Chicago White Sox have finalized a four-year, $56 million deal with free-agent slugger Adam Dunn, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Absolutely fabulous deal for the White Sox.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• The Grim Reaper is coming to Baseball!

Sparky Anderson last week...
          Ron Santo yesturday...
          They go in threes!

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            The Chicago White Sox sign Adam Dunn as their DH (Konerko moving back to 1st) for 4 years, $56 mil

The Chicago White Sox have finalized a four-year, $56 million deal with free-agent slugger Adam Dunn, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Absolutely fabulous deal for the White Sox.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Sorry Ozzy, but you had to know the Nats wouldn't be able to keep him.

Comment

• I'm more angry that he found his way to an AL-Central team not based in Detroit.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Whoa, the Jayson Werth sweepstakes end up at a 7 year deal at $126 mil with the Washington Nationals. Huh?

Comment

• $18MM/yr??? For 7 years? Isn't Werth turning 32 next May?
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• And Carl Crawford is apparently a Red Sox - 7 years for $142 million. Guess the Werth deal paid off for Crawford - Crawford is now the highest paid OF in MLB history, which is a bit surprising. With Gonzalez and Crawford, the Red Sox appear to be retooling pretty nicely for next year (esp taking a top player from one of their biggest rivals - the Rays).

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                        I think it is hardly disputed except by the biggest homers that but for Cliff Lee's pitching, the Rays would have beaten the Rangers in the ALDS.
                        You know what? If you want to call me a "homer", that's fine; but at least I'm a homer to only one team per sport. And I hate to break it to you, but Cliff Lee, overall during the regular season, wasn't the Rangers best pitcher. He had excellent stats, but his Won-Loss wasn't all that. I'd like the Rangers to keep him, but that wish is not ahead by much to the Yankees paying him too much.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• I'm sure that "all teams in Texas" consist of one team in some reality, but not this one. Btw, it is great that you keep deliberately ignoring that I'm talking about the playoff run, but it just makes you look like an idiot.

Comment

• OH. MY. LORD.

Cliff Lee spurned bigger offers from the Yankees and Rangers and agreed to a five-year, guaranteed $120 million contract with the Phillies late Monday, sources said.

Pitcher Cliff Lee reached an agreement on a deal with the Philadelphia Phillies late Monday night, a Texas Rangers team source told ESPNDallas.com's Richard Durrett.
                            Halladay, Hamels, Oswalt, and Lee... that's just not fair.

Comment

• OMG. I never saw them mentioned in the bidding. Screw him. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                                OMG. I never saw them mentioned in the bidding. Screw him. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.
                                I'll hold the door for him. Don't worry about it.
                                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                                X