No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its a good thing he goes with his gut rather than following his nose.

(Cocaine Joke)
    "

Comment

• Congrats to the Rangers!!
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• My prediction. Rangers in 6 over Giants. I want to say in 5, but I'll be conservative.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• From ESPN:
          Juan Uribe's late home run and a lights-out bullpen propelled San Francisco to a 3-2 win over Philly and a date with the Rangers in the World Series
          How does this jackass come to this conclusion? The Giants #1 pitcher, Lincecum, pitched in relief. That tells me their bullpen sucks.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Congratulations to the Rangers & their fans. The Rangers played a great series and were the deserving victors.

As for my Yanks, well, there's always next year

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Yankee management goes by stats. Ron Washington goes by gut feeling.
              Yankee management goes by stats, but not necessarily the right ones. It is generally accepted in the sabre community that intentional walks suck.

It would be more accurate to say that Joe Girardi goes by matchups. "Stats" would tell him that IBBs generally do more harm than good. But Joe is a slave to matchups (must bring in LHP to face LHB!) and the baseball convention re: walking the other team's best hitter with a "base open."

It's not really new-age vs. old school here. It's more 1980s vs old school. New age would be somebody more like Francona up in Boston (Tito may have his faults, but I don't think excessive IBBing or bunting are among them).

Ron Washington's players flat out-played the Yankees players. The managers had little to do with the outcome.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Yes, he did. He installed the concepts the team would play by and called the shots on situational tactics.

Comment

• Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I'm glad to see a new World Series winner this season (technically the San Francisco Giants have never won a WS - the last time the franchise won a WS they were still in New York)! I, as usual (ie, aside from when the Phillies and Braves are in it), will root for the team that plays real baseball - ie, the NL team .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Good.
                      Let me make note of that statement, in case you deny it later.

Comment

• I've gotta root for the Rangers, much as it pains me to cheer for an AL team (other than the Chisox). I have a deep and personal understanding of their WS drought, and feel they should be rewarded for finally realizing it takes great pitching to win. (Granted, the Giants knew this all along.) I know another drought-ridden team that could learn a thing or two from them.
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• gotta go with the Giants, I've been a fan since Mays and McCovey

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            Good.
                            Let me make note of that statement, in case you deny it later.
                            You are a sad and pathetic creature.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yes, he did. He installed the concepts the team would play by and called the shots on situational tactics.
                              That's nice, Sloww, but the Rangers outscored the Yankees 2 to 1. They won convincingly, and it wasn't 1 play here or there that led to the Rangers victory (situational tactics). Further, to the extent that Ron Washington had a major impact, it was probably in game 1 - a game the Rangers should have won, but lost.

I'm not trying to rip the guy or anything, but I really don't understand how you can think what you appear to think (that Ron Washington's "gut" was a key element in the ALCS, opposed by Joe Girardi's "stats" which suck).

-Arrian

Comment

• Today, someone actually asked me who won the World Series this year.
                                He was pretty flabbergasted when I told him that it wouldn't even start until tomorrow.

Gee, I hope everyone's had enough rest...

November Fever... Catch It!

Comment

Working...
                                X