Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCU and Boise St. are interesting. The question for me is how long they can sustain strong programs.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Why does he sound any more like bull**** that your continual moving of Texas to the Big 10?

Because Clemson going to the SEC doesn't benefit the SEC, dumbass. Texas moving to the Big Ten is very beneficial to the Big Ten, however, in addition to being very beneficial to Texas. The Big 12 is also much more likely to break up than the ACC; Texas' policies have many schools (particularly in the North) ready to jump ship if given the chance. And Texas already tried to get into the Big Ten once already!

Jesus, you're such a ****ing moron, Sloww. I'll bet you have to stop typing every 30 seconds or so to give yourself a chance to breathe...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• So you don't like Clemson. That's your opinion, dumbass.
        You're "up north" but talking about Texas moving. I've read nothing here about it.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• So you don't like Clemson.

It has nothing to do with liking or not liking Clemson, you ******. I don't care about Clemson either way, but I am able to use logic and reason to figure out which additions will strengthen a conference and which ones won't.

You're "up north" but talking about Texas moving. I've read nothing here about it.

1. You can't read, so this isn't surprising.

2. I've linked to at least two blog posts in this very thread that have Texas alums writing approvingly about a move to the Big Ten. Go have your pool boy read them to you.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Like I said, you don't think Clemson would bring value. Again, that's your opinion.

Two Texas alum blogs are a far cry from being a mass movement.

Comment

• Like I said, you don't think Clemson would bring value. Again, that's your opinion.

You just said that I "don't like" Clemson. Saying that you don't think they would bring value is completely different!

Two Texas alum blogs are a far cry from being a mass movement.

You just said you'd read "nothing"! Two alums (plus all the commenters on their posts) is more than nothing! Jesus Christ...
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Maybe this will help Sloww understand why others schools hate the Texans who run the Big 12 now...

Watching College Baseball On Television - One More Reason To Leave the Big 12
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• For Sloww's pool boy to read...

Would Horns of plenty exit Big 12? Maybe, if eyes of Texas see more

What a horrible ****ing title. I guess this is what passes for quality writing in Texas...
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                    After digesting this new information, I'm wondering why the Big Ten would even want Notre Dame.
                    Judging by that metric, the Big Ten should ask Cincy to join.

But I should say that in the 90s, Notre Dame itself recognized the unsuitability of joining the Big 10 after comparing the mission of the school with the mission of the current Big 10 members.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Judging by that metric, the Big Ten should ask Cincy to join.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if only Cincy were an AAU member, had better football facilities/tradition and Ohio State wasn't adamantly opposed to another school from Ohio. Cincy would still be an inferior choice to Pitt in the "academically strong, urban school that doesn't add to the Big Ten television footprint" competition, though.

Notre Dame itself recognized the unsuitability of joining the Big 10 after comparing the mission of the school with the mission of the current Big 10 members.

I agree with this assessment.
                      Last edited by Drake Tungsten; February 19, 2010, 17:26.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Sounds like BS. Why would the SEC go after three teams when they need two or four to have an even number of team post-expansion? And why would they want to expand within their current geographic footprint? FSU and Miami might be worth something even though Florida already claims most of their state, but what exactly does Clemson give the SEC that South Carolina doesn't already?
                        Could be a target 3 to get 2 kind of situation or a fourth team not mentioned. I gathered it was a keeping up with the Joneses type of expansion. I don't recall him examining it from the SEC's angle and instead looked at it from the school's point of view and said that it would make sense for Clemson (for the SC rivalry, SEC-style team) but not for FSU or Miami.

Seems like there would be better teams for the SEC to target rather than some crappy ACC schools.
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• If the SEC is going to poach some ACC teams, Virginia and UNC seem like the ideal choices. Those two plus Texas A&M and Oklahoma would make for a very strong 16-team conference.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Why Virginia instead Virginia Tech?
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Why Virginia instead Virginia Tech?

Virginia is the state's flagship university and one of the best public universities in the country. It's also closer to the major population centers in Virginia, so I'm assuming it would be better at delivering those TV markets.

It's quite possible that both Virginia and UNC wouldn't be interested in joining the SEC, however, most likely for academic reasons like those that make Texas uninterested in the SEC.
                              Last edited by Drake Tungsten; February 19, 2010, 18:31.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I think Big Ten fans should be careful what they wish for, particularly the Michigan and Ohio State fans. You have no idea what Texas and its fans are like...
                                Competitive? So like having another Ohio State in the Big Ten?
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X