Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta commend Texas for a gutsy second-half performance and making a game of it. The way things played out, if not for McCoy's injury, the confetti probably would have been orange & white tonight.

Final rankings:

1. Alabama
    2. Boise State
    3. Florida
    4. Texas
    5. TCU
    6. Ohio State
    7. Iowa
    8. Cincinnati
    9. BYU
    10. Oregon
    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
      Texas' star quarterback was struck down early in the first quarter, just as Oklahoma's had been.
      In short, karma is a *****.
      Exactly.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Karma had nothing to do with it.

Alabama played an excellent game, and actually, Texas did to. A good solid chunk of 'Bama's points were either off of defensive plays resulting from a freshman QB's mistakes, or offensive plays resulting from great field position. There is only one play I can think of when 'Bama just completely ran through the Texas defense - the 49 yard TD run.

I take nothing away from Alabama, but I do think that Texas's showing was impressive, even without McCoy, and I do think we would have seen a different result with McCoy in the game.
        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• While Alabama now has 8 national titles to Texas' 3, Texas still leads in the head-to-head record. Doesn't that make you feel better, DF?
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Yep

Although, we also have quite a few more wins than Alabama - something like 845 - 812? Ha!
            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Both the AP and the Coaches' ranked Texas and Florida over Boise State...
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                What an amazing game.

Has there ever been a college football game that was a clearer sign of the existence of a higher power? In all my long years, I have never seen a more obvious example of divine retribution. It is well known unto all that Texas won two games this season that it did not deserve to win. Against Oklahoma, Texas celebrated an undeserved victory against a team that had lost its star quarterback early in the first quarter. Then, against Nebraska, Texas came away with an undeserved victory against a team with an anemic offense that relied on defense alone to win games.

Now, simply winning games you did not deserve to win is not an affront to the gods. If Texas and their fans had simply accepted these gifts with an appropriate sense of humility, the disaster of this evening may well have been averted. But no, Texas and their fans decided to tempt fate. Instead of being honest and humble about their undeserved triumphs, they chose to continue acting in the arrogant and high-handed manner that is their trademark. They disparaged those who rightfully pointed out that Texas has succeeded as much through luck as through skill and were contemptuous of those who doubted Texas' supposed destiny as national champions. This violation of the rules of propriety did not go unnoticed.

The gods decided to punish Texas for its insolence, and what a dreadful punishment it was. Texas' star quarterback was struck down early in the first quarter, just as Oklahoma's had been. Texas was now put in the same position as its former opponent in Nebraska, attempting to defeat a mighty foe with only a stout defense and the barest hint of an offense. This turn of events should have resulted in a rout, but that was not the will of the gods. They had a much more terrible lesson in mind.

Against all odds, Texas battled back in the second half. Their defense was impenetrable as Nebraska's, their freshman quarterback as adequate as Landry Jones. They fought their way back to a mere field goal back and a glorious comeback seemed within their grasp. And that's when the gods revealed the depths of their enmity for the Longhorns. How heartbreaking must it be to lose the national championship due to a late fumble near your own endzone? As heartbreaking as losing a bitter rivalry game due to injury? As utterly demoralizing as losing a conference championship due to one second being put back on the clock? The despair was comparable in each case, I would imagine, and thus the true genius of the gods was revealed. The Longhorns were made to suffer a loss in the same agonizing fashion as their former opponents. They felt the same sickening pain and cried the same bitter tears. As they had done unto others, the gods had done unto them. And all was well.

In short, karma is a *****. Roll Tide!!!

God, your ****ing tedious.

And Colt McCoy is a *****.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• You want tedious, Tubes? How's this for tedious?

God, you're ****ing tedious.
                  :P

With the Hawkeyes, Chips, and Tide coming through for me, I finished #307 overall, 99th percentile, and completely owned all of you *****es.

1. Alabama
                  2. Boise State
                  3. Texas
                  4. Florida
                  5. TCU
                  6. Ohio State
                  7. Iowa
                  8. Cincinnati
                  9. Penn State
                  10. Oregon
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I took last place so.......

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Congrats, Guy -- truly impressive performance.

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• 1. Alabama
                          2. Florida
                          3. Boise State
                          4. Ohio State
                          5. Iowa
                          6. Texas
                          7. Penn State
                          8. Texas Christian
                          9. Oregon
                          10. Cincinnati
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I finished #307 overall, 99th percentile
                            Yeah... Congrats Guynermer... You da MAN! You really ran away with it.

Imran, following is the HOF listing for you to post. Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------

College Bowl Pick'em 2009

Guynemer

FINAL RESULTS
                            Rank Pick Set Correct Picks Points
                            1 The Guild of Calamitous Intent Guynemer 24 of 34 464 - WINNER
                            2 Mingapulcos Ming 21 of 34 369
                            3 Happy With the Fiesta Bowl! nakedgentsrut 20 of 34 365
                            4 Siddiqui Selection Squad isid80 18 of 34 357
                            5 Berz diplomaticrat 19 of 34 353
                            6 Teh Peeled Bananas EPW 16 of 34 333
                            7 SlowwHand SlowwHand 17 of 34 322
                            8 Kollege Kats * walruskkkch 19 of 34 317
                            9 Vicious Rabbits Jack 16 of 34 307
                            10 BCS this! Gary 15 of 34 301
                            11 David's Picks austindave82 17 of 34 299
                            12 Koshko erickoshko 15 of 34 278
                            13 Hairball's Chance Tuberski 16 of 34 244
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• nm
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• You want tedious, Tubes? How's this for tedious?

You tell him, Guy.

nm

Come on, cry for me Sloww. You've been talking all kinds of **** for the past month, so it's only fair that I be able to taste your tears of unfathomable sadness...

KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X