Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
    Since the jig is now officially up, and everyone knows you're just copying the Sagarin "Predictor" rankings, why not come up with your own?

I don't think enough of my own opinion to post my own Top Ten; an unbiased computer ranking (whether the Predictor or otherwise) will always incorporate more information and treat the data more fairly. Maybe I should start posting the Elo-Chess, which also has Iowa #1 this week?
    WTF is this ****? You're totally the type of person to think highly of your own opinion no matter how silly it may be. I demand your personal top 10.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
      Ohio State will finish 7-5

that's my prediction... Go Cincinnati!

As long as that includes a loss to Michigan, I'm down for that.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

At this point, I'm just rooting for pure chaos.

Six undefeated teams at the end of the year.

I wanna see how the polls are manipulated when Boise and TCU go 12-0, and Oregon goes 11-1. (Or even better: when Oregon/USC, Iowa, Cincy, Alabama, Florida, LSU, and Texas/Oklahoma State all finish with one loss.)

I want to see the BCS driven before me, and hear the lamentations of its women.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon View Post
          As long as that includes a loss to Michigan, I'm down for that.
          Yes it does. Yes. It. Does.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

A 12-0 TCU will have considerably more cred than a 12-0 Boise. Boise will have no decent opponents so I could easily see a one loss team ahead of them. With TCU it will more difficult.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You're totally the type of person to think highly of your own opinion no matter how silly it may be.

You've read me wrong.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

You're totally the type of person to think highly of your own opinion no matter how silly it may be.

You've read me wrong.
                You're actually humble? I'm going to have to drink heavily and deliberate over this turn of events?

Or wait, you don't think highly of your own opinions, but you think lowly of everyone else's?
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Or wait, you don't think highly of your own opinions, but you think lowly of everyone else's?

Pretty much. People as a whole are far too confident of their own knowledge and analytical ability.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Pretty much. People as a whole are far too confident of their own knowledge and analytical ability.
                    Is this why you post Jeff's 486 analysis here?

Comment

486?
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

486?
                        Old computer processor. How old do you claim to be?

Comment

I'm 17.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

That explains a lot.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

And the fun begins again...

Looks like UNC shocked Virginia Tech, and USF beat West Virginia. Does that bode for a day of upsets today??

Well, maybe. Iowa is down 7-0 to Indiana midway through the 2nd Quarter...and even without Dez Bryant, I'm worried that Oklahoma State could pull a huge upset this evening, playing at home against UT.

I've heard some predictions of Florida going down to Georgia, but I doubt it.
                                Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                                Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X