Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon View Post
    Unless you're including every school, it wouldn't. There will be teams on the outside looking in.
    I'm not saying it should include every school... but I think being undefeated gives you the right to be considered.

Was it ever the point of college football to have a national champion? If this has any validity, then it seems it's always been bestowed externally.
    The only reason why college football doesn't have a playoff, like every other NCAA sport AND every other level of college football, is the greed of the Bowl System. The NCAA is allowing outsiders to determine their winner. It's all about money, not what's best for the sport.

But go ahead and feel free to support a system that should have been eliminated a long time ago...
    If "tradition" to you is a bunch of the rich old white men making money off of College football with the Bowl System, then go ahead and support tradition. It's about time that this farce be ended, and that the NCAA take back control of its own sport.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
      Tell that to Utah last season... They got a chance in the Sugar Bowl and the betting public agreed with you by making them 9 point dogs to Alabama. They then went on to beat them 31 - 17.

You never know until they play the game... So yeah, undefeated teams deserve BCS bowl games.
      I'm not saying that some of these teams are not good. I'm saying that we have no valid way to judge that unless they play with the big boys. Personally, I think Florida will crush Cincinnati in the only game that will test that.

Utah was clearly a national contender last year as its domination of a decent (but not good) Alabama team indicated. I dont believe Utah would have beaten LSU however. As for those who set the point spread - they didnt ask me my opinion!

While non-BCS teams may feel under-appreciated in the BCS system, I'd say that the same could be said of the SEC teams vis a vis the BCS rankings. Let me point out that Alabama was the only SEC team (of seven) to lose its bowl game (including Vanderbilt). The year before last (2007-08), Hawaii's big point offense was gonna crush a NCAA-weakened Alabama. Instead Hawaii looked like rank-amateurs and the only SEC team to lose a bowl game (despite their overall mediocre BCS rankings) was an over-rated Arkansas team. When most of the best teams in the country play in one conference (ie the SEC) there are gonna be very good SEC teams with mediocre records. To some extent, the same is true for the Big 12.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• My personal preference is for new conferences modelled on the european soccer leagues. Successfull teams move up to better conferences while unsuccessful teams move down.

I've argued for a relegation system for years as the simplest way to remedy the unfairness between the BCS conferences and the mid-majors. It would work great, but it will unfortunately never happen.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Why are you guys even arguing with Ming? It's clear that he's not a college football fan. He's a typical NFL fan who *****es about the BCS and how college football isn't a "real" sport for a week in December before going back to watching 9-4 teams square off for the final wild card spot.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I don't understand all of the hating against Texas. Yes, Texas "got lucky" - ie, caught a good break - to beat Nebraska, and probably only beat Oklahoma because Bradford was hurt. But so what? Alabama barely beat Tennessee (12-10), and Auburn (26-21, and was losing 17-0 at one point, a bigger deficit that Texas ever had). Bear in mind, too, that many people - many of YOU - actually considered both Nebraska and OU to be favored over Texas, while I don't recall ANYONE picking Tennessee or Auburn over Alabama.

Yet Alabama is deserving of being in the title game, and Texas isn't? WTF? That's stupid. So again, what has Texas done to offend you guys, besides find a way to win close games?
            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I think there's a little bit of got lucky to go around for everyone. If you were to include all of that, the argueing would never end. Final score will have to do.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yep.

Texas 16 Oklahoma 13
                Texas 13 Nebraska 12

Alabama 12 Tennessee 10
                Alabama 26 Auburn 21
                Alabama 32 Florida 13

Both teams deserve to be in the title game. That isn't to say that Boise State, TCU, and Cincinnati don't ALSO deserve a title shot, which is why I agree that the BCS is fundamentally unfair.
                Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                  Why are you guys even arguing with Ming? It's clear that he's not a college football fan. He's a typical NFL fan who *****es about the BCS and how college football isn't a "real" sport for a week in December before going back to watching 9-4 teams square off for the final wild card spot.
                  And who the **** are you to be the judge of who does or does not know college football. You are the moron that thinks TCU is happy because they got a BIG PAY DAY instead of a shot at the championship. You are the moron that thinks by self admission a system that is unfair is one to support... You have no clue what a true college football fan is. And your comment that money is more important to TCU than a chance at proving they are the best shows just how little you know about college football.

Why don't you go back to jerking off while watching old Nebraska games.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by David Floyd View Post

Both teams deserve to be in the title game. That isn't to say that Boise State, TCU, and Cincinnati don't ALSO deserve a title shot, which is why I agree that the BCS is fundamentally unfair.
                    A rare event. I agree with you 100%.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• many of YOU - actually considered both Nebraska and OU to be favored over Texas

No one in the country had Nebraska favored over Texas. Even I, who was confident that the Nebraska D could shut down Texas' offense, wouldn't have put money on a Nebraska win. Our offense is simply too god-awful to have any confidence in a victory.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• And who the **** are you to be the judge of who does or does not know college football.

Someone who knows enough about college football to laugh at your conspiracy theory that the bowls are behind the lack of a playoff in college football because they makes so much money off of the current postseason.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• For christ's sake, you're the guy who thinks greed is what's behind the maintenance of the current college postseason when a playoff would make far more money...
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                            For christ's sake, you're the guy who thinks greed is what's behind the maintenance of the current college postseason when a playoff would make far more money...
                            What a moron... sure, a BIG playoff system would probably make more money... but money for whom?
                            It's surely not going to be the for the Bowl System. It's not going to be for the BCS. It will mean more money for the ALL the schools, and less money for the big conferences. The big conferences have everything going in their favor right now. They get the most money, and a free pass to most of the big games. The weaker conferences have to settle for hand outs and left overs. You're so stupid you think TCU didn't get screwed simply because they are going to make a bunch of money instead of having a shot at the national championship. Talking about not having a clue...

Why do people even listen to you... You are a jerk who thinks insults are the best way to prove your point. You believe that your opinion is the only right one, even when you are dead wrong. At least many people around here see you for what you are... and some simply put you on ignore, because many of your posts are just insulting tirades instead of something actually useful or interesting.
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• What a moron... sure, a BIG playoff system would probably make more money... but money for whom? It's surely not going to be the for the Bowl System.

The bowls don't make any money under the current system. They're non-profit organizations that pay out huge sums of money to the participating teams and to various charities, you epic ******.

It will mean more money for the ALL the schools, and less money for the big conferences. The big conferences have everything going in their favor right now.

The BCS conferences would make more money under a playoff. They would put the most teams into the playoff every year and would be able to potentially cash in on multiple postseason games for their teams. They'll make even more money if they abandon the bowls and host the playoff games at the home stadium of the higher seeded team. You really think the AD at Alabama or Texas wouldn't like two extra home games?
                              Last edited by Drake Tungsten; December 7, 2009, 18:12.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Ming wants to destroy the bowl system (hurting numerous local communities and charities in the process) and turn college football's postseason into a big business like the NFL because it would be greedy not to!

KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X