Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the dust settles, Texas will be #1,

ESPN projection on Bowls.
    Last edited by SlowwHand; December 1, 2009, 04:21.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Notre Dame will hire Greg Schiano from Rutgers.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• They're going to forget about South Carolina real quick if Clemson beats Georgia Tech.

The same Georgia Tech that also lost to a 7-5 Georgia a week before. Face it, in the minds of the voters right now, the elite of the ACC lost a whole lot of brownie points last week and are likely now seen as akin to middle of the pack SEC teams.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
          Notre Dame will hire Greg Schiano from Rutgers.

ACK!
          Schiano passed on Michigan (before it Rich Rodriguez was offered it). I'm not sure that ND is a better job.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            ND has their own sports channels on tv and radio, don't they? Why would they need the Big 10 holding them back more?
            Holy ****, Sloww.

Reading is fundamental.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              Schiano passed on Michigan (before it Rich Rodriguez was offered it). I'm not sure that ND is a better job.
              I still don't understand why Michigan didn't go after Kelly. He built his entire coaching resume in the state, has contacts everywhere, could recruit like crazy. Son of a *****...

Comment

• Drake:

Hypothetically speaking, if we could have a one-time only playoff between however many teams finish undefeated (could be 2-5) this season, would you object?

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  I still don't understand why Michigan didn't go after Kelly. He built his entire coaching resume in the state, has contacts everywhere, could recruit like crazy. Son of a *****...
                  Because, you know, coaches from small schools can't step into big time college football and succeed! Ask Ohio State!

Comment

• :wiglaf:

Comment

• Take Gary Patterson out of the running for the ND job:

TCU and coach Gary Patterson have agreed to terms on a long-term contract extension, sources said.
                      CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                      Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                      Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                      Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Drake:

Hypothetically speaking, if we could have a one-time only playoff between however many teams finish undefeated (could be 2-5) this season, would you object?

If it's a one-time deal, then no, I wouldn't object. My problem with a playoff has always been that two or three loss teams would have a chance to play for the national title (thereby degrading the importance of the regular season). I have no problem with a playoff that would only include undefeated teams, but that's never going to happen.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Big news that could impact the SEC championship game:

Star Gators DE arrested, charged with DUI

Dunlap was the MVP of last year's BCS championship. If he gets suspended for Saturday, that could tip the scales in Alabama's favor.
                          CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                          Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• It's already tipped. What it will do is shove it on over.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by reismark View Post
                              Big news that could impact the SEC championship game:

Star Gators DE arrested, charged with DUI

Dunlap was the MVP of last year's BCS championship. If he gets suspended for Saturday, that could tip the scales in Alabama's favor.
                              Thumbs up for Urban Meyer suspending him
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• I'm actually not a fan of suspending players for off-field problems. To me, sports is about winning, not about being a role model. Same applies to "conduct clauses" in pro contracts.

OTOH, I would be FAR more draconian WRT on field activity - obviously intentional facemasks/other dangerous, intentional fouls would get the player benched immediately, if I was the head coach.

Winning > off-field moral fiber but < poor sportsmanship.
                                Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                                Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X