Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
    So should Texas.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• The referees are suspended. Texas has had no such allegations, nor have the referees. What the two of you are saying is based solely on what you wish. The facts are otherwise.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I refuse to believe that "SlowwHand" isn't just a put-on. No one can really be this dumb.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Here's an idea for you. Imran is a lawyer. He can go try and get those guys jobs back.
          You...what about you? I got it! You go sit outside the office building of the SEC board.
          Set up chairs with photos of the booted officials. Have some candles burning.
          You could even sing Kumbaya.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• I don't even know what you're babbling about now.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Hooray! Rutgers dominates South Florida 31-0 (first regular season shutout USF has ever had). RU is 7-2 and will likely be ranked next week. Really didn't see this after Cincy blew them out in the first game, but Savage has really played well and the future looks bright .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                I don't even know what you're babbling about now.
                Yeah. Every so often he turns into a malfunctioning robot in the movies, just putting random strings of words together.

Hey, there's a thought. Sloww is a robot. It almost makes sense.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• More college football graphs and diagrams at the link...

Life is complex, and requires graphs. This week in College Football Graphs follows. This is science, and not subject to debate.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    Yeah. Every so often he turns into a malfunctioning robot in the movies, just putting random strings of words together.

Hey, there's a thought. Sloww is a robot. It almost makes sense.
                    Did you read the news links? Watch the film? See the game? See it on the sports news? Do anything except write the above crap?
                    If you can't keep up, you're not nearly as smart as a doctor would hopefully be.

Comment

• Yes. I watched the Oklahoma-Texas game. The Sooners dominated the majority of the game, but horrible turnovers and injuries allowed the Horns to hang around and win.

Yes. Texas won, and should be credited for the win. But they probably should've lost. Just like Florida should've lost to Arkansas.

I'm not the one with reading comprehension problems, Yosemite Sam.

Comment

• Incidentally, Drake:

If Nebraska can win the North, and manages to beat Texas, I will be totally gay for the Huskers until further notice. Full-on Jack Black in Tropic Thunder: I'll cradle the balls, stroke the shaft, work the pipe, and swallow the gravy. Get it over here, buddy. Let's do this.

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

• Just bald-faced speculation here, but we really could have a tremendous cluster**** in the BCS Championship Game this year.

Let's just say, for the sake of argument, that both Florida and Alabama go undefeated; the winner is in the title game.

Let's also speculate that Texas gets upset along the way.

That would leave only one other BCS conference team that might be undefeated--Cincinnati. However, they've got two big tests left, including the one tonight against West Virginia; they also have to travel to Pitt.

That would leave only two other undefeated teams--Boise State, which really shouldn't be challenged from here on out; and TCU, who have their biggest test of the season against Utah this weekend.

So, Devil's Advocate: Texas and Cincy lose. The Title Game would be the SEC Champ vs.... who?

Texas, who (presumably) lost their conference championship?
                            The SEC runner-up, who just lost to the other team in the title game?
                            Undefeated TCU, who has Utah as their best victory? Or, if Utah were to win, a 1-loss MWC Champ Utah?
                            Undefeated Boise State, who played a softer schedule than TCU but has a win over (presumed Pac-10 Champ) Oregon, who also happened to beat Utah?
                            Possible 1-loss ACC Champ Georgia Tech?
                            Possible 1-loss Big East Champ Cincy or Pitt?
                            Possible 1-loss Big Ten Champ Iowa?

That's no less than SEVEN teams (in some various combination) with a possible legit claim to a title shot against the SEC Champ.

And that's not even counting the possibility that Florida and/or Alabama get upset once or twice before the SEC Title Game, and the SEC doesn't produce an undefeated team at all!

Or the possibility of FIVE undefeated teams heading into the bowl season, three of them from BCS conferences, one of them from a conference good enough to be a BCS conference, and one of them having completely dominated another BCS conference champ.

Oh my, how I'd love to see this all come crashing down.

Incidentally, the current Strength of Schedule for the 0 and 1 loss teams:

Florida: 42
                            Alabama: 25
                            Texas: 52
                            Cincy: 67
                            TCU: 47
                            BSU: 82
                            Georgia Tech: 12
                            Iowa: 39
                            Pitt: 70
                            Utah: 99
                            Houston: 94

Comment

• Cincy passes their first big test as Pike has to save the team from a huge upset (due to a lot of Cincy mistakes - 2 turnovers and 0 for WVU)! Seriously, though, Pike's line is ridiculous. 2-4 for 16 yards and TWO TDs... wtf? While the starter, Collaros was 17/25 for 205 and 1 INT.

Comment

• Holy ****, what an awful first three minutes for Michigan.

Comment

Working...
                                X