Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    Who freaking cares?
    And, secondly, would it even occur? Would the Heisman just leave that year blank... or would it reallocate the votes based on 2nd, 3rd, etc. for the voters that put Bush at 1? Let's not forget that in 2005 Bush had the 2nd highest number of points in Heisman Trophy voting history (it was quite a landslide) - interesting note: the 1st highest number of points in Heisman voting is by O.J. Simpson for the 1968 Heisman.
    Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; June 11, 2010, 00:10.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• You're right, Imran. Generally, you would assume it would go to the runner up (who I believe was Vince Young) but that's assuming that the majority of Reggie Bush voters would have voted for Young in the absence of Bush instead of a third candidate which is something that is debatable.

I assume this would be without precedence. I wonder if the Heisman committee would actually go through with it. (compare, the AP didn't strip Cushing of DROY honors as far as I know)
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• It would be really nice if all people just did what they should be doing. No looking for loopholes.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• It seems that perhaps sometimes it may be too much to ask for people to do what they should be doing.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• So it would appear. Honor, integrity and ethics are vanishing. It's an anti-Renaissance.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              It would be really nice if all people just did what they should be doing. No looking for loopholes.
              People always look for advantages.
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                So it would appear. Honor, integrity and ethics are vanishing. It's an anti-Renaissance.
                Some would argue that the Renaissance was the beginning of the end of honor, integrity, and ethics

Comment

• Some would argue anything. "Idi Amin would make a good dietitian."

Comment

• "Texas would make a good cornerstone for an athletic conference."
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                      "Texas would make a good cornerstone for an athletic conference."
                      True enough... they could even name it "The Texas and insignificant others" conference

But seriously, if they could figure out how to get enough teams together so that they could earn 20 million dollars a year, they would probably do it.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I still hope Texas and Notre Dame are the remaining additions to the Big Ten. I hate them both, but the extra money Nebraska would make in a conference with them is well worth the annoyance.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Adding Texas, Notre Damn and Nebraska would be the Big Ten's biggest wet dream. It probably would never happen, but what a conference it would be...
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Texas isn't going to the Big 10 and just blow off Oklahoma and Texas A&M rivalries.

Comment

• Oklahoma and Texas A&M might be going to the SEC. Texas will go wherever they can have the most power/money, which is the Big Ten if A&M goes to the SEC and blows up the Pac-16 deal.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Hadn't heard any Oklahoma-to-SEC speculation...
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X