Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't imagine a standard East/West division is going to cut it, as that would seem to be unbalanced historically.

Welcome, Drake!
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I can't imagine a standard East/West division is going to cut it, as that would seem to be unbalanced historically.

True, but it also makes protecting current rivalries quite easy. Things get more complicated on that front if you start exploring other divisions.

Of course, the Big Ten could be at 14 teams in a few days and all this speculation would be moot.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• It seems like this would be a great opportunity to explore the rivalry between Nebraska and Penn State, were it not for the geographic difficulty.

The top three in East/West does favor the East a bit, but so does the bottom three: MSU/Purdue/Indiana vs. Minnesota/Northwestern/Illinois.

The East clearly has the absolute worst team, but it's #4 & #5 squads, historically, are better than the West side's.

But, as you said, too soon to speculate.

Comment

• It seems like this would be a great opportunity to explore the rivalry between Nebraska and Penn State, were it not for the geographic difficulty.

True; Penn State really is the only school in the Big Ten Nebraska has any real history with. I'm sure Iowa will quickly become a rival, but Iowa/Nebraska doesn't seem to have the potential to approach Michigan/Ohio State levels of national interest like Penn State/Nebraska could.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Rivalries that must be preserved:
            Michigan-OSU
            Michigan-MSU
            Wisky-Minny
            Indiana-Purdue
            Illinois-N'Western

Less important, but still would be nice:
            Iowa-Minny
            Michigan-Minny
            Iowa-Wisky
            Illinois-OSU
            Illinois-Purdue
            OSU-PSU

No one really cares:
            Minny-PSU
            MSU-PSU

Too bad its so complicated; the rumored Pac-16 would split up much easier.

Comment

• No offense intended to Michigan and Penn State fans, but I'm most psyched to see the Huskers play Ohio State. I've already seen Nebraska play (and beat!) Michigan and Penn State, but the Huskers haven't even played the Buckeyes in my lifetime.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• That Nebraska-Michigan game was a doozy, though.

Comment

• Indeed. I'm really looking forward to a rematch, don't get me wrong.

In other news, I apparently already get the Big Ten Network on DirecTV; now watching it for the first time. How the hell did they already hire Matt Davison?

edit: Dude, how weird is it going to be to watch classic Nebraska/Oklahoma games on the Big Ten Network?

edit 2: This episode of The Big Ten's Greatest Seasons: 1995 will be a lot better once they edit in the footage of Tommie Frazier running all over Florida in the Fiesta Bowl.

edit 3: How awesomely awkward are The Big Ten's Greatest Seasons: 1994 and The Big Ten's Greatest Seasons: 1997 going to be now that Nebraska is in the conference?
                  Last edited by Drake Tungsten; June 11, 2010, 19:42.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Get used to purgatory, Missouri

Yes!
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                      edit 3: How awesomely awkward are The Big Ten's Greatest Seasons: 1994 and The Big Ten's Greatest Seasons: 1997 going to be now that Nebraska is in the conference?

No doubt. I still say Charles Woodson wins it for us.

Comment

• still say Charles Woodson wins it for us.

How? Is he going to pick off the one pass Nebraska throws all game?
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Pick six, baby.

In all honesty, in the '98 season, Michigan's absolutely atrocious defense against the option (as witnessed first-hand by myself against Donovan McNabb and the Orange) gives me serious pause. Granted, we lost more than a few defensive starters, but still...

Comment

• I'm still pissed McNabb chose Syracuse over Nebraska. We might have won four straight national championships if he had been there to replace Tommie Frazier.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Christ, I still have nightmares about that game... nearly sacking that mother****er three times before he scrambles 35 yards for a TD, right in front of me. Goddamnit.

Anyway, more idle speculation: whither the Big Ten championship game? Soldier Field? Ford Field? Lambeau? Lucas Oil?

Comment

• I would bet on Lucas Oil, although I'm not psyched about going to Indy after my road trip. Maybe they'll rotate the site? Now that it looks like Texas won't be joining the Big Ten, I guess we don't have to worry about it being permanently in JerryWorld...
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X