Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little urged her Nebraska counterpart Monday to remain in the Big 12 and help avoid a potential calamity for the Jayhawks.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Gray-Little said she got no indication of what Harvey Perlman might recommend when he meets with Nebraska regents on Friday. She said she also planned to call Missouri chancellor Brady J. Deaton with the same message.

In a rapidly developing story that's strained institutional relationships more than 100 years old, Nebraska and Missouri have both said they are interested in moving to the Big Ten. If they leave, that might prompt six other Big 12 members, including Texas and Oklahoma, to consider a possible linkup with the Pac-10. The death of the Big 12 could put Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State in danger of being left out of any major conference.

Kansas State and Kansas, even with its historically prominent basketball program, would have difficulty maintaining their status as major players in college athletics.

This seriously pains me. Kansas doesn't deserve to be left out in the cold...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Michigan is nice, from what I saw.

Edit: The land.
      Last edited by SlowwHand; June 8, 2010, 23:55.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
        Nebraska is clearly better than Illinois, Indiana, and Pennsylvania. Iowa is nearly on par with Nebraska, but Omaha is obviously superior to Des Moines. Ohio seemed better than Nebraska (Columbus was surprisingly large and modern-looking), but the fact that I didn't go through Cleveland or Cincinnati might be making the state seem better than it actually is. My sample was far from ideal, as I missed two of the better Big Ten states in Minnesota and Wisconsin, but what I did see was not encouraging.
        You drove through Columbus, and didn't stop at my place to have some of my garlic-herb ribeye?

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          Michigan is nice, from what I saw.

Edit: The land.
          Most of it, yes. The extreme southern end, and the stretch between Flint and Standish on I-75, is positively interminable, but it is otherwise quite lovely, very heavily forested. And, of course, the Great Lakes.

Comment

• It was kind of west central, in Remus. That's not where our plane landed. We landed in Lansing and then drove, to Bandit Industries.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Michigan in January has far too much snow.
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Well, it's looking like Nebraska really will be going to the Big Ten. Holy ****.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Yeah. Holy ****.

Four premiere programs, with four others that have some great history, plus four others that, well, try their best.

Great 12-team conference; I'd be more than content to stop at Nebraska.

Comment

• Great 12-team conference; I'd be more than content to stop at Nebraska.

I doubt that's going to happen; I think Delany is waiting for Notre Dame to make a decision, with Missouri and Rutgers next in line. I'd rather see Kansas than either of those two, but basketball apparently means nothing and Kansas is royally screwed...
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• If the Big Ten does stay at 12 and the Pac-16 forms after the Big 12 collapses, will the Big East pick up Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State to go to 12 teams? While still not much of a football conference, that Big East would easily be the best basketball conference in the country and would keep the remnants of the Big 12 North in a BCS-conference. Seems like a win-win for all involved.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• That'd be a huge travel headache, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Comment

• That'd be a huge travel headache, but I wouldn't rule it out.

It's not as bad as you might think. A Big East West in football of Kansas State, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa State, Louisville and Cincinnati would be as geographically compact as the current Big East football lineup, and all the states in the Big East would be geographically contiguous with the already existing exception of USF and Florida.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• USC reportedly nailed for a 2-year bowl ban, plus significant loss of scholarships. Gee, I can't imagine why Carroll left...
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Wow.

Comment

• Before the other dominos start falling, before the race begins to see how far east the Pac-10 will grow, whether Texas will choose to save the Big 12 or put it to pasture, and whether the SEC or Big East will step in to claim the leftovers, we should really stop to pause and reflect on what is, by itself, a monumental moment in the history of college athletics.

Folks -- Nebraska is about to join the freaking Big Ten.

Amen to that.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X