X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football - Early Season Fun

Continued from:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

1) Florida
    2) Texas
    3) Alabama
    4) Ohio State
    5) Boise State
    6) Southern California
    7) Virginia Tech
    8) Cincinnati
    9) Texas Christian
    10) Louisiana State

Oregon falls just barely outside.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Im thinking that Tebow injury is going to have an affect either in the way players view Urban Meyer (like why was Tebow in when they were up so much?) or in Tebow himself regarding the aggressiveness with which he plays.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

1 Florida (55) 4-0 (We'll see considering Tebow)
        2 Texas (1) 4-0 (I'd put them #1)
        3 Alabama (4) 4-0 (See LSU)
        4 LSU 4-0 (Either Bama or LSU should be #3 because they play one another. This ranking seems to indicate Bama is better but I don't see the point of putting them this way so early.)
        5 Boise State 4-0 (Ummm, okay?)
        6 Virginia Tech 3-1 (Seems right, but only because of the failure on the teams ahead of them)
        7 USC 3-1 (I don't think they'll win the rest of their games, so no.)
        8 Oklahoma 2-1 (Sure, why not?)
        9 Ohio State 3-1 (Maybe, although I don't think they're that good this year. They could lose to Iowa, Penn State, even Michigan.)
        10 Cincinnati 4-0 (Sure, but they are only here because of other teams blowing it)
        11 TCU 3-0 (See Cincy)
        12 Houston 3-0 (See TCU)
        13 Iowa 4-0 (They're D line looked good in the second half of PSU, but they barely won their first game and they are the monkey on PSU's back)
        14 Oklahoma State 3-1
        15 Penn State 3-1
        17 Miami (FL) 2-1
        18 Kansas 4-0
        18 Georgia 3-1
        20 Brigham Young 3-1
        21 Mississippi 2-1
        22 Michigan 4-0
        23 Nebraska 3-1
        24 California 3-1
        25 Georgia Tech 3-1
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

1. Florida
          2. Oklahoma
          3. USC
          4. Virginia Tech
          5. Boise State
          6. Ohio State
          7. Texas
          8. Alabama
          9. Oregon
          10. Nebraska
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

"Really, AP!?" for this week...

23. Nebraska - Really!? You're going to rank a team whose only loss was by one point on the road to the current #6 team in your poll at #23?

9. Ohio State - Really? You're going to rank Ohio State 14 spots above Nebraska even though Ohio State lost at home to a USC team whose current rank (#7) is lower than that of the team Nebraska lost to on the road (VT - #6)?

14. Oklahoma State - Really? You're going to rank an Okie State team that lost at home to the current #12 team (Houston) 9 spots above Nebraska?

17. Miami - Now you're going to rank a team that lost to the same team as Nebraska, in the same stadium, by a larger margin, a week after Nebraska's loss, 6 spots higher? The ****?

13. Iowa - You have to be ****ing kidding me. Did you even watch the PSU-Iowa game? Iowa has no offense! Did you forget that Iowa needed two last second field goal blocks to beat Northern Iowa at home!?

15. Penn State - They just lost to Iowa at home! Iowa sucks! Arghhh!

22. Michigan - This is just ****ing insulting. A team that barely escaped Indiana this week is better than a team that lost by one on the road to the #6 team in the country? **** you, AP. Seriously, **** you...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
              1. Florida
              2. Oklahoma
              3. USC
              4. Virginia Tech
              5. Boise State
              6. Ohio State
              7. Texas
              8. Alabama
              9. Oregon
              10. Nebraska

You're on serious drugs.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm quite happy with my Top Ten, thank you.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

You fit right in.

College football polls messed up again
                  4:44 PM Sun, Sep 27, 2009

Can I get an Amen or at least an email if you think the college football polls are a joke?

There are a lot of things that bother me in sports: the Yankees and Red Sox's payroll, the lost art of teamwork in the NBA, and how the NFL is more about fantasy than your favorite team. What I'm writing about today, trumps all of those.

I'm convinced that about 95% of the coaches that vote in the polls let their kids or grandkids fill them out for them.

Examples:

#12 Oklahoma State (3-1) ahead of #15 Houston (3-0)
                  Is it me, or is there something wrong with this? The Cougars went on the road and beat the Cowboys by ten. They then backed up with another win last night against Texas Tech. I know OSU was a dark horse for many to win the Big 12, but they don't deserve this ranking at this point.

#19 California (3-1) ahead of #25 Oregon (3-1)
                  I know the Ducks were at home, but 42-3! California didn't belong on the same field with Oregon yesterday. I could maybe understand this ranking if Oregon had lost to a Div. 1-AA team, but they lost to #5 Boise State. Say it with me everyone, "the Golden Bears are overrated."

#13 Penn State (3-1) ahead of #17 Iowa (4-0)
                  Call me a homer, yes I'm a Hawkeyes fan, but this is a joke. I hope everyone is trying to send Joe Pa off in style and that is the reason why they have the high rating for the Kitties. The Hawkeyes travel to Penn State, play in the rain, and dominated the game from the 2nd quarter on. I guess a 21-10 win wasn't impressive enough? By the way, I know what you are going to say. "But Josh, Iowa barley beat Northern Iowa a Div 1-AA school." It's very true, but go look up what UNI has done since. There is a reason they are ranked #2 in the nation for Div 1-AA schools.

The college football (AP and Coaches) rankings need to come out in week five to six. It's that simple! If the coaches' poll is going to affect the BCS, it needs to come out later. I'm tired of the voters trying to make up for their early mistakes from the preseason. If a team isn't living up to the hype, drop them from the rankings.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

The coaches' poll is obviously a joke. Many people point to the AP poll as the "good poll", however, which is just as much of a joke.

Human polls

Computer rankings
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

The Coaches poll is seriously wacked out though.

Comment

Until they take strength of schedule into consideration they're all stupid. Computers don't.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          Until they take strength of schedule into consideration they're all stupid. Computers don't.
                          What is strength of schedule?

Comment

Computers don't.

Yes, they do. Sloww once again puts his massive ignorance on display.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Jesus, Sloww...

Okay, I'm trying to rank teams just based only on what they have done so far this season. For example: yes, Florida is 4-0, but they have yet to play a team that will get anywhere near the top 25. They may very well be the best team in the country, but they haven't done anything yet this season to suggest that is the case...

1. Alabama
                              2. Boise State (Thank you, Oregon!)
                              3. Texas
                              4. Houston
                              5. Virginia Tech (Holy ****)
                              6. Cincinnati
                              7. LSU
                              8. Florida
                              9. Oregon
                              10. Nebraska (! Boy, that last minute loss to VaTech looks good now)

Teams I expect will make (or at least approach) my Top Ten before the end of season include: Iowa (just on the brink as it is), USC, Ohio State, Penn State, TCU, Oklahoma, Miami. Got my fingers crossed, but highly doubtful: Michigan
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                              X