X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Wisconsin just keeps on winning.

On Wisconsin!!!
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

The problem with Wisky every year is that they don't play tough games early, so it's difficult to know how good they are.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Houston is tied with UTEP at the half? Boise State isn't blowing UC-Davis out of the water? This week is blowing my mind...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

If only the week would aim a little lower...
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
            The problem with Wisky every year is that they don't play tough games early, so it's difficult to know how good they are.
            Yep, but don't go there.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Miami

Thought no Bradford sure helped .

And Houston got handed its BCS dream busting loss, against UTEP
              Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; October 4, 2009, 02:03.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                Cincinnati blows out the powerhouse Miami Ohio 37-13. Way to play tough, Bearcats.
                You are a ****. They won by 24 points - that's 3 TDs and a FG. Against a team they've played every year since 1888, the 3rd longest rivalry in college football (after Harvard v. Yale, and Lehigh v. Lafayette). Of course you would have Cincy kiss away a longer tradition than Texas football could ever know because you are a complete moron.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Whatever, Imran. I can add and subtract.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

1) Florida
                    2) Texas
                    3) Alabama
                    4) Southern California
                    5) Ohio State
                    6) Boise State
                    7) Cincinnati
                    8) Texas Christian
                    9) Virginia Tech
                    10) Oregon

Comment

Whatever, Imran. I can add and subtract.
                      Obviously not.

Comment

1. Alabama
                        2. Boise State
                        3. Texas
                        4. LSU
                        5. Virginia Tech
                        6. Cincinnati
                        7. Florida
                        8. Oregon
                        9. Nebraska
                        10. Miami

Watch list: USC, Ohio State, TCU, Iowa, BYU
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Cincinnati blows out the powerhouse Miami Ohio 37-13. Way to play tough, Bearcats.
                          Some who's team scheduled Loiusiana-Monroe, really shouldn't talk.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Undefeated Report headed into Week 6...

We're down to 13 teams. Here I've listed them along with the best team they've beaten.

ACC (0)
                            Big 12 (3): Texas (Texas Tech), Missouri (Illinois), Kansas (Southern Miss), Big East (2): Cincinnati (Oregon State), South Florida (Florida State)
                            Big Ten (2): Iowa (Penn State), Wisconsin (Michigan State)
                            C-USA (0)
                            Independants (0)
                            MAC (0)
                            MWC (1): TCU (Clemson)
                            Pac-10 (0)
                            SEC (4): Florida (Tennessee), Alabama (Virginia Tech), LSU (Georgia), Auburn (West Virginia)
                            Sun Belt (0)
                            WAC (1): Boise State (Oregon)

Alabama has "the best win" to date; Boise State, Iowa, and LSU would probably comprise the next tier. Several teams have faced no significant competition to date, most notably Florida. Missouri, Wisconsin, and maybe Kansas fit this description as well.

This week, there is one game between undefeated teams:
                            Florida at LSU

Games where the undefeated team is very likely to lose include:
                            Wisconsin at Ohio State

Other games that look like trouble for undefeated teams:
                            Missouri vs. Nebraska
                            Iowa vs. Michigan
                            Alabama at Ole Miss
                            Auburn at Arkansas

Less likely to cause trouble, but the potential is there:
                            TCU at Air Force

Should cruise:
                            Kansas vs. Iowa State
                            Texas vs. Colorado

Off:
                            Cincinnati
                            South Florida
                            Boise State

I think we're going to lose four undefeated teams this week: LSU, Wisconsin, Auburn, and Missouri.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Btw, since Dan likes to whine about officials calls with pictures (even though the officials made the right call in the Michigan, ND game):

That's the two point conversion on Saturday... ND didn't make it. Washington - screwed by officials

Comment

See?

I saw that on the replay yesterday.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X