Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• This is looking to be a loooong week for me for goalies. Mason and Anderson have both been lit up pretty good-- arrghhh
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Expert recap and game analysis of the New Jersey Devils vs. Pittsburgh Penguins NHL game from December 21, 2009 on ESPN.

Brodeur
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
          Yup -- and just my luck that my OPPONENT had Brodeur in 3 out of my 4 pools (both poly pools!!)-- Damn you Martin Brodeur
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Oh and NYE-- whats up with the Oil ?? they looked like champs for a while and now are falling fast-- Wildly inconsistent--

That said, the Flames have been little better-- they startd great on their roadie and then have kinda flamed out since their win in San Jose. Some of their efforts were downright awful although they were quite good against Nashville and only lost as every puck seemed to hop over their sticks--
            Last edited by Flubber; December 22, 2009, 17:52.

Comment

• I'm happy to see Brodeur make the milestone.

Someone on some radio station today pointed out that he has more shutouts than Georges Vezina had wins.

Oh and NYE-- whats up with the Oil ??

They suck. I'm not sure why they suck as much as they do.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Oh and NYE-- whats up with the Oil ??

They suck. I'm not sure why they suck as much as they do.

Lately the Flames have joined them in suckage.

The upside is that one of the Albertan teams will get two points tomorrow night. Based on what I saw tonight at the Dome, I would not be placing any bets.

Man I never have witnessed the Flames being so unable to finish

Oh and check the highlight reels-- Raymond scored from centre ice on a flip that Kipper never saw

Comment

• I saw that. The Canucks are on a roll so some sort of luck is to be expected, but that stretches it a bit.

Other than that. I've come through a tough part of the schedule in the draft league with three solid wins in a row. I have to be quite happy with how my team is shaking out. Is this the year?
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

• Ha ha! The Oilers suck more than the Flames!

Official order of suck for Dec 28, 2009:
                    Refs>Oilers>Flames
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

• TSN's top 10 plays of the decade:

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                        Ha ha! The Oilers suck more than the Flames!
                        Official order of suck for Dec 28, 2009:
                        Refs>Oilers>Flames
                        Where do pretentious overpriced Calgary New Year's eve locations rank?

CALGARY -- The manager of an upscale Calgary restaurant is furious, claiming that Edmonton Oilers players refused to cover the full cost of a nearly $17,000 tab during a New Year's Eve night out for team members.

Maurizio Terrigno of Osteria de Medici, the restaurant where former U.S. president George W. Bush dined when he was in Calgary last year, said the team and staff owed $16,796.39 but wanted a break on the bill and paid $12,381.45.

Terrigno said about half of the bill was for alcohol totalling $8,248, including dozens of shots of tequila and bottles of expensive wine and $1,000 champagne.

"These guys came in, they enjoyed our hospitality and when the bill came ... they went ballistic to the point where they started threatening, denigrating my staff, saying, `We're the Edmonton Oilers, we expect a 50 per cent discount,' " said Terrigno.

Terrigno said 45 people ordered off the menu and their total bill came to $14,234.23, including $677.98 for GST. The restaurant usually adds an automatic 18 per cent gratuity for a large group, which would bring the total to $16,796.39.

The Oilers had lost by a score of 2-1 earlier in the night against the Calgary Flames.

Oilers spokesman Allan Watt said the restaurant was recommended by some Calgary friends of the players and they had a prearranged meal and menu.

"They received the bill which they felt was outrageous," said Watt.

"They inquired about it and they were unhappy about it and were unhappy with some of the charges. The restaurant adjusted it by $7,000."

Watt said the players paid the adjusted bill and added a $1,900 tip and left the restaurant.

Terrigno said the group, which included team captain Ethan Moreau, attempted to negotiate a discount on the bill.

He said the players argued they should pay by the bottle for dozens of shooters purchased during the bash, but the restaurant charged them for each one individually.

The restaurant tried to charge for a bottle of an imported expensive brandy after one of the players took a swig straight from it.

"They refused to pay for the whole bottle because they didn't consume the whole bottle," said Terrigno.

He said there's no way the restaurant will serve other clients from the same bottle.

Terrigno said at one point he threatened to phone police.

"It's the first time during the 37 years of business have I ever experienced something like this," he said. "What's more upsetting is we know who they are."

Terrigno said because he was infuriated by what happened he plans on donating the money the players paid the restaurant to charity.

The Oil did not come off well with respect to their reluctance to pay the tab. But at a party like that its usually not clear who can order stuff so its difficult for the client to dispute that the stuff was in fact ordered. I know a couple of guys that were at a law firm party there and were shocked at a bill for expensive wine but later found out that some senior person had ordered it (while drunk). So its not hard to see it get flowing.

But at the end of the evening the bill averages out to 373 bucks for each of 45 people which I don't find shocking for a New Years party attended by several millionaires.

Comment

• Still can't believe the Wings are sitting in 9th place with half the season gone.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                            Where do pretentious overpriced Calgary New Year's eve locations rank?

They don't fit on the scale.

(\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                              Still can't believe the Wings are sitting in 9th place with half the season gone.

They are flat indeed.

Does this affect your appraisal of Osgood?
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• Not much. I didn't expect him to come out flat a second year in row, that's true. (He's actually significantly better so far this year, save percentage-wise.) But he's still money in the playoffs.

The problem hasn't been defense/goaltending. They're fifth in the conference in goals allowed. They just haven't been putting the puck in the net nearly enough.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X