No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 09/10 (II): We're very perverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure why people are so surprised at Buffalo. Granted, they should be quite so good, but they were a solid playoff team last year before Miller went down. Hell, Miller may well be the most underated goalie in the league. They also had some definite underperformers last season. I think they should definitely be considered a top eight team in the east.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki View Post
      I'm not sure why people are so surprised at Buffalo. Granted, they should be quite so good, but they were a solid playoff team last year before Miller went down. Hell, Miller may well be the most underated goalie in the league. They also had some definite underperformers last season. I think they should definitely be considered a top eight team in the east.
      I expected a fair bit of Buffalo (after all who bought Miller in auction LOL?)-- But I didn't quite 3xpect a 6-1-1 start--

In the east, I wouldn't be shocked if the CURRENT top 8 ends up being the 8 playoff teams-- Ottawa is better than I expected as well as well but considering who occupies spots 9-15 in the east at the moment I don't see any team that simply HAS to make the playoffs. There are a couple that will challenge but I see no one currently out of a playoff spot that I think will almost certainly be there in the end (ie Detroit in the west )
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
        On the Oilers struggles in the last couple of games-- I heard them talking on sports radio here how a flu bug was going through the team-- So perhaps 2 straight poorer efforts is attributable to that.

Leaving aside the rhetoric, I wasn't sure what to expect from the Oil this year. Two years ago they made a late run and papeared to be a tream destined for something great with many "promising" players. But for some reason , last year kind of fell apart. This year? I am not sure yet. Are these first few games an aberration or will the Oil ascend to the playoff level?

The group of players available are better than the Oilers finish the last couple of years indicates. Probably not as good as the standings before the weekend, but better than MacT could get out of them near the end of a period lasting too long with too little success.

Coaching and player development are much more important under a salary cap.

The Oilers have had a stable farm team for not very long. This is the second or third season (I want to say second, but it might be third).

Coaching is greatly improved. I still think MacT is a good coach, but systems are his strength, not morale. Motivating, and getting the most out of each and every asset were not his strengths. In his mind the players should come prepared to play. He was baffled by the lack of motivation of the lottery winners of today's game.

The combo of Quinn as the leader and Renney as the tactician sounds like a good idea. We'll see if it works. The players are there, and more are developing.
        Last edited by notyoueither; October 26, 2009, 23:30.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• wow Kaberle gets FIVE powerplay points in one night!!?? I feel this is going to be a looooong week for my draft team. Kaberle had 4 points on the SEASON until last night when suddenly he gets a goal and FOUR assists- wow
          Last edited by Flubber; October 27, 2009, 08:29.
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• This is a pretty scary story, told first-hand. It's from a linesman who had a career-ending injury last year (Downie's skate cut his nose off, among other damage) : http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2009/10/27/p...vers-his-face/

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• That story has a lot of different levels.

I had no idea he got it that bad.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Craig Anderson is insane.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• ****!

That is all.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

• Anderson was once a Calgary draft pick.

He would've been an awesome backup.

Comment

• Visnovsky left after a couple of shifts in the third.

Turns out he just has the flu.

Quinn confirmed tonight that at least one player has/had H1N1. Reports afterward are that it was Smid. Not all players are being tested for it as they are not staying in hospital. The Oilers medical staff asked for Smid to be tested as a special case so they could find out what it was. Or something like that.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                        Anderson was once a Calgary draft pick.

He would've been an awesome backup.
                        The way he is playing he would be an awesome # 1

Comment

• Well, **** (for me):

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. The Province offers information on latest national and international events & more.

Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo injured; details to come

The Vancouver Canucks will be without their best player, goaltender Roberto Luongo, for an undetermined number of games after he suffered an undisclosed injury during Tuesday night's game against the Detroit Red Wings.

The Province will publish more details as soon as we know them. Please check back for updates.

Comment

• CANUCKS' LUONGO OUT INDEFINITELY WITH UNDISCLOSED INJURY

Just when it appeared as though the Canucks' injury concerns couldn't get any worse the Vancouver Province is reporting that netminder Roberto Luongo is out indefinitely with an undisclosed injury.

Luongo may have suffered the injury during the third period of the Canucks' loss Tuesday to the Detroit Red Wings when Canucks' defenceman Alex Edler hit Wings' forward Todd Bertuzzi causing the former Canucks' sniper to collide heavily with Luongo.

While Luongo was able to complete the game, he did allow four third period goals and did not speak to the media following the loss. He was also noticeably absent from Canucks' practice on Wednesday.

Backup Andrew Raycroft will likely get his first start of the season Thursday against the Los Angeles Kings while Cory Schneider will likely be recalled from Manitoba of the AHL to replace Luongo.

The injury bug has taken a huge bite out of the Canucks' so far this season. Sniper Daniel Sedin is out for up to six weeks with a broken foot while forward Pavol Demitra has yet to play this season following shoulder surgery. Janik Hansen is also on injured reserve after breaking a bone in his right hand and is expected to miss up to two months. In addition Kyle Wellwood suffered a broken toe last week while defenceman Sami Salo remains out with a sprained right MCL. To compound matters, forward Ryan Johnson also left Tuesday's game with a neck injury.

Despite the losses, the Canucks remain in the thick of the playoff race in the Western Conference in a tie for eighth spot with 12 points.

Comment

• At least a week. Hairline fracture on a rib:

CANUCKS' LUONGO OUT AT LEAST A WEEK WITH RIB INJURY

The Vancouver Canucks may have dodged a bullet as the team learned Wednesday that netminder Roberto Luongo is only expected to miss about a week's worth of action after suffering a hairline fracture in his ribs.

Luongo originally suffered the injury during this past Saturday's victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs where the Montreal native made 35 saves. He appeared to aggravate the injury in Tuesday's loss to the Red Wings during a second period collision with Todd Bertuzzi.

While Luongo was able to complete the game, he did allow four third period goals and did not speak to the media following the loss. He was also noticeably absent from Canucks' practice on Wednesday.

Backup Andrew Raycroft will likely get his first start of the season Thursday against the Los Angeles Kings while Cory Schneider will likely be recalled from Manitoba of the AHL to replace Luongo who will not travel with the team on their two game California road trip.

While he did not know the extent of the injury, Canucks' forward Mason Raymond told The TEAM 1020 in Vancouver that he did not expect the Canucks to be without their best player for too long.

"Roberto had a little bit of a mishap, you may want to say," Raymond told The TEAM. "He'll be a bit of time here, but he'll be back sooner rather than later. I don't think it's anything serious. I haven't talked to Roberto, but got word this morning he was missing practice. For us, I guess we've got to keep carrying on and Andrew (Raycroft) is excited to get in there and he'll play well for us and we'll be good in front of him."

The fact that the injury does not appear long term should be a breath of fresh air to the Canucks as the injury bug has taken a major bite out of the team so far this season. Sniper Daniel Sedin is out for up to six weeks with a broken foot while forward Pavol Demitra has yet to play this season following shoulder surgery. Janik Hansen is also on injured reserve after breaking a bone in his right hand and is expected to miss up to two months. In addition Kyle Wellwood suffered a broken toe last week while defenceman Sami Salo remains out with a sprained right MCL. To compound matters, forward Ryan Johnson also left Tuesday's game with a neck injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                                Craig Anderson is insane.

Comment

Working...
                                X