No announcement yet.

20/20 World Cup (cricket thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching the Saffers smack the sh!t out of England at the moment. A dominant display in the field and with the ball. However, they're missing a trick here. An equally dominant performance with the bat would have put them in a great early position to qualify , knowing they had a good nrr in the bag.I would be surprised if it happened, but they could conceivably regret the lack of urgancy if teams are equal on two wins each.
    Last edited by flipside; June 11, 2009, 15:19. Reason: updated

Comment

Sri Lanka stuffed Pakistan, and the Windies were awesome in the field against India. This is a fantastic contest.

Comment

Chris Gayle: "Well it's better to have a plan than to have none at all."

Comment

Does anyone know if this is televised/webcasted for us who have limited exposure to cricket?
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Sorry, but it seems that this site is the best you can get: http://www.action8cricket.com/

Apologies if it's dodgy.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
              Sorry, but it seems that this site is the best you can get: http://www.action8cricket.com/

Apologies if it's dodgy.
              Thanks!

No matches were being played from what I briefly looked at

May try it tommorrow
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Games are at 13.30 and 17.30 bst today(gmt +1). Both should be good. I'll be in the pub watching both on sky sports, but I am sure that they will be streamed on the usual streaming channels.

Can't believe how well the W.Indies played, even without Gayle coming off.
                3 months in England getting used to conditions have really helped because that was by far their best performance this summer.

Comment

Holland has a cricket team? That's gotta be a sign that the Book of Revelations is true.
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

The Netherlands have been playing cricket since the days of Wellington. It used to be a more popular sport back then though.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                      The Netherlands have been playing cricket since the days of Wellington. It used to be a more popular sport back then though.

Yep. Napoleonic war era.

Most countries where British soldiers were in the the early to mid 19th centuary have some cricketing heritage.
                      The emergence of baseball in the u.s civil war and it's subsequent popularity, as a rejection of cricket as a class-based game that favoured a land-owning elite , as opposed to the advent of professionalism in the cricketing playing nations on the whole as it's response to class-divide is an interesting study; whether you approach it from a baseball or cricket perspective,or as sport as an indication of nationhood,class-divisions or varying responses in leisure to social concerns and identity.

In the actual game today however, Sri Lanka are having to rebuild against Ireland and protect the tail a bit in todays game.I would be shocked if Ireland hold it together,or indeed have the quality enough, to win, but the major flaw in Sri Lanka's challenge is being exposed. They don't bat deep.On a worn pitch and a good start they look a real challenger to the title. Early wickets and they are vulnerable.

England vs India is later. If India lose they are out.The rest is up in the air.As an England fan, I don't believe they have a great chance, but an intense performance in the field and some luck is what I hope for.

Comment

I've got some money riding on an India win. The odds weren't that great, but it was just about worth it with the subsidised free bet worth 25% of the stake.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I've had new nails implanted for today's game against W.Indies to replace the quick-chewed stumps that yesterday left me with, so I'm ready to go for this afternoon.
                          Don't have a clue if the hopeless England of the S.Africa and Netherlands defeats or the intense, vibrant England of the India and Pakistan wins will turn up.
                          There again, I don't have a clue whether the hopeless W.Indies of the early summer or their Twenty20 doppelgangers will turn up either.
                          As ever with watching England, I have a weird mixture of hope that they win and forboding that a collapse of the most feeble nature is possible.
                          Gayle and Bravo will be key for the W.Indies.
                          Bopara and Pietersen for England in the batting.
                          I'd rate the English bowling a tad higher and the fielding is more repeatable in it's quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                            I've got some money riding on an India win. The odds weren't that great, but it was just about worth it with the subsidised free bet worth 25% of the stake.
                            Picking up on this riff, I'm tempted to put a decent bet on the W.Indies at evens today, knowing that if England win I will not care about losing it and if they lose I'll have profited.

Comment

It is humping it down in London, with a liquid rate higher than a friday night out.
                              C'mon you dumb english weather, give us one of those inexplicable 2 hour windows where it rains and hails everywhere apart from in a quater-mile square region where it is 30 degrees without a cloud.

Comment

The English, always trying a way to make themselves happy, even when their team is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X