Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XX: Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As sung by the Fulham fans last week:

No income tax, no VAT
    Got no points at Man City
    In the dock and looking pale
    Harry Redknapp's off to jail.......

(Sorry if you've seen this before - everyone has)

Comment

• Bye Fabio. Amazing it happens on the day that Harry gets cleared.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• 27 posts in a year? This place is dead
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krill View Post
          27 posts in a year? This place is dead
          how about contributing then?

Comment

• Originally posted by julieplayer View Post
            What is your basis in saying that.. Let’s face it that it’s sometimes hard to get a perspective on how unpopular or popular the sport is in the United States. Soccer becomes a mainstream topic in America every four years..
            No matter how soccer build itself their are still so many questions and complaints about soccer is raised.. USA is now rank 34 in the FIFA world ranking and let's see how will they perform in the world cup brazil 2014 and see how popular soccer is in USA .. Fans will tell us..
            What is the basis of me saying that soccer isn't popular in the US?
            The MLS cup drew a rating of .8 Last fall an early day NFL game between Tampa and Green Bay drew a 12.7

I love watching soccer, and frequently watch Serie A and La Liga via ESPN's website, but I don't have any friends who care about soccer except when the World Cup rolls around.

Comment

• Are we having a Euros prediction competition this year. Looks like interest in football has faded to a low ebb.

Comment

• 2 goals in stoppage time to win the Premier league seems highly questionable.
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                  Are we having a Euros prediction competition this year. Looks like interest in football has faded to a low ebb.
                  Yes, I'm disappointed. How else can I come out of lurk mode to show my utter lack of knowledge about the sport?
                  "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

• Did anyone tell the Netherlands that the tournament has started? They sure didn't seem like they understood while losing to Denmark.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• The new version of going Dutch on a date is to not show up at all.

Comment

• Saw this one today. Guess it's not much fun being a dutch football fan these days :-)
                        Attached Files
                        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• From another forum on today's England vs. France matchup:

I was going to ask if England knows they're allowed to attack, but are England actually allowed to attack? Is it against the rules?
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Anyone else notice that if you put "chicken" in front of the names of the Italian players, the results are meals that sound quite nice.

Chicken Chiellini
                            Chicken Balzaretti
                            Chicken Barzagli
                            Chicken Bonucci
                            Chicken Marchisio
                            Chicken De Rossi
                            Chicken Montolivo
                            Chicken Pirlo
                            Chicken Balotelli
                            Chicken Cassano

Comment

• Yummy!!

Spain just can't compete

(though I hear Chicken Torres is only really good at warm temperatures )

Comment

• Spain looked incredible today (even before Italy went to 10 men due to injury)! Wow, what a performance!

Comment

Working...
                                X