Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XX: Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    US

Nice win over Honduras, leading to 6th straight World Cup appearance!

I heard about Charlie Davis. A really sad story.

Comment

• Anyone read the latest Pratchett, Unseen Academicals?

Not a terribly accurate description of football, unfortunately. His crowds aren't nearly violent enough.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I will read it soon. Didn't realise it was about football, but I've long thought it would be a good subject for Discworld. Slightly concerned about the fact that he doesn't like sport, particularly football, I understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
          I heard about Charlie Davis. A really sad story.
          Yeah, quite a change of mood in a short amount of time for the US
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• What a great night for football!

@ Barca. Ryazancev es un crack!

Comment

• So I read Unseen Academicals, and enjoyed it. A decent insight into the historical development of the game, particularly the class-based issues involved.

Two great strong, new characters though, and Nutt is certainly worthy of starring in another novel.

Oh, and Arsenal 3 Spurs 0

Comment

• Good luck Ireland tomorrow!
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Or Saturday. I thought it was tomorrow, but appears not.

Comment

• van Persie injured in meaningless International friendly. Possibly out for three months.

International football is nothing but trouble for clubs and should be banned.

Comment

• Henry

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• The ****storm about that is ridiculous. Ok, Irish fans are understandably pissed-off but the Oirish guvmint getting involved? Talk about distracting people from their own hopeless situation.

Comment

• Tottenham.

Comment

• Not long to the draw now.

Australia to draw South Africa, Algeria and Slovenia would be a good group.

Comment

• England and France should be delighted with that draw.

Comment

• Heh, I didn't even realize at first when I went to Wikipedia to look at the group draws and started thinking to myself, "hmm, it looks like South Africa and Ireland could go through from Group A"...

(Fixed now.)

Comment

Working...
                                X