Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me be clear: That would suck.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Other than being a Hawks fan, what would make Wings-Pens suck?

I love the Wings, but I don't think Hawks-Pens would suck at all. I think the only suck situation left would be another appearance of the Canes in the Finals.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's mostly Hawks homerism, Guy, but with a new blood corollary. I have a problem with any finals where the same two teams meet in consecutive years, or it's the champs from the past two years, or some dynasty team is involved (e.g., MLB Yankees). I know it's great theater and all, but given a choice, I will always root for the team that hasn't been there lately (or at all). So I was thrilled to see Arizona in the Super Bowl last year and rooted hard for them to beat the Steelers. See, I'm consistent.

(Full disclosure: Obviously, I had no problem with the Jordan Era Bulls, so I guess my homerism trumps my underdog rooting.)
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

J'accuse!
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Chicago in 4
              Pittsburgh in 5
              "

Comment

Detroit in 6
                Carolina in 7
                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Chicago in 7
                  Pittsburgh in 6
                  Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Chicago in 6
                    Carolina in 6

The monkey must die.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Ben Kenobi is a coward...

He stopped playing when he saw he wouldn't beat me.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Pittsburgh in 6
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Get your picks in. Finals begin Sat at 6PM EST.

I'll post standings after work. Preliminary results show 'Tiki and Garth tied at 25 with Asher and Boo chasing at 24.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'm going to be a maverick. Probably couldn't hurt at this point.

Penguins in 5
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Penguins in 6

Comment

I really botched that Carolina call in the last round. I thought Ward would pull some more magic out of his bag of tricks, but I guess not.

Still have to go with my initial prediction: Detroit in 6
                                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                                X