No announcement yet.

NHL Playoff Pick'em 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late (again) but considering that I haven't watched any of the game yet tonight, and I am closer to the bottom then the top, and that we are playing for bragging rights only...I am hoping I am forgiven!

Detroit vs Anaheim Detroit in 5
    Vancouver vs Chicago Chicago in 6
    Boston vs Carolina Boston in 4
    Washington vs Pittsburgh Pittsburgh in 7
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I'll buy it so long as no one complains.

Interesting game in Vancouver tonight. The Hawks showed some balls, and the Canucks got a bounce at a crucial time.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Ouch.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Round 2 Results

Code:
          Kontiki      21 
          Asher        20 
          Ben Kenobi   20 
          mrboo        20 
          Garth Vader  19 
          Guynemer     19 
          -Jrabbit     19 
          Sparrowhawk  16 
          A. Dart      15 
          Cavalcadeus  12 
          KrazyHorse   12 
          Maggie/nye   12 
          EPW           9 
          Flubber       7
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Conference Finals begin Sunday. 2:30PM EST

Detroit vs Chicago
            Pittsburgh vs Carolina
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

I'm moving on up

Stupid Carolina

Chicago in 7
              Pittsburgh in 6
              Last edited by Asher; May 15, 2009, 10:02.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Chicago in 7
                Pittsburgh in 5

Go Hawks!
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm still debating changing my pick to Chicago.

I would like Chicago to win, I am just not sure if they can do it. I'd prefer to cheer for Chicago than Detroit, so I may change the pick just so I can cheer on Chicago without screwing myself in the picks...
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Wow. I don't think I've ever picked this badly before. I'm under .500

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Chicago vs. Detroit 6 games
                      Pittsburg vs. Carolina 6 games
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Detroit in 6
                        Pittsburgh in 7
                        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                          Wow. I don't think I've ever picked this badly before. I'm under .500

Hey -- but look at me-- A combination of picking the teams I wanted to win and then making no picks from Florida (I was there for about 4 days before I even found out who had won the first round series -- largely because I didn't care that much and wanted to enjoy the beach

In any event my picks for the second round basd on who I would have wanted to win would have been

Detroit in 5 (Danny Cleary is from my hometown and I have always hated Pronger)
                          Boston in 5 (more newfie power!! that overrides my general distaste for Montreals-arch-rival)
                          Pittsburgh in 6 ( like Sid more than Ovie but this was close)
                          Hawks in 6 (I like their team plus its anti-Ben)

Well that was fun but my picks for round 3 will have to be

Detroit over the Hawks in 5 (again going with the Newfoundlander even though I generally favor young upstart teams-- I am mixed on this one since part of me wants to pick the hawks)

Pittsburgh over Carolina in 5
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Oh and Florida was amazing-- although the weather is boring -- it going from 'sunny' to 'partly cloudy" was the biggest thing that changed-- I mean 30 degrees celcius day after day after day -- ohh ther monotony!!
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

That's why they throw in the odd Hurricane.

Comment

On the one hand, the Blackhawks were my pre-playoff pick to take it all. On the other, if the Wings can get past the Ducks, a team custom-built to take the Wings down, I just can't see anyone else getting in their way. Hmm...

Wings in 5 (though I wouldn't be totally surprised by any final result, save a sweep either way)
                                Pens in 7

To set-up a rematch of last year's fantastic Finals.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X