No announcement yet.

Yahoo Fantasy Baseball DAILY LEAGUE sign-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats true, CG and SHO are nice options in a league with lotsa stats but we wont have that many. And I sure hate it when my opponent gets a CG SHO for a 5 inning rain shortened game, it has happened to me at least twice.

The thing I like about Wins and QS is that it favors throwing SPs over some RP strategy (getting rid of Holds would help that) while Wins favor set up men (Holds) and middle relief over closers. QS just says so much more than a Win though, guys can get a win for throwing 1/3 inning but need 6 with 3 ER or less to get a QS. We could drop Holds and put in K/BB or something and I wouldn't mind replacing Wins with QS. Just making suggestions

I suppose SLG is better than TB, maybe... In a weekly league I'd lean toward TB since thats actual output while in daily leagues where we can ostensibly sub for players getting a day off, rate of production matters more. For example, Chipper has been real productive when he plays but he's hobbled and misses too many days and can hurt in a weekly league.

forever in search of the perfect stat set

Comment

you guys gonna start a league...with settings, etc...?

I feel like Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park asking if there are dinosaurs on the tour

Comment

I mean, we have 7 now, but everyone is already in the weekly league.

If ya'll are cool with 7, I'll work on it tonight and tomorrow. Its an auction league, so we've got a month.
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

8 is better if we can get someone ... Berz did you say someone from FFZ wanted in?

EmpFab/etc. how do you feel about doing the auction on March 14 or 15? What time (whichever day we do it)? Fist's european, right? So early (say 11am or 12pm EST start, expect 1 hour to 1.5 hours)?
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Sundays are usually best for me. I'll just have to remember not to do any showings on March 15th. Lets do it then at 11 am.

Everyone else?
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
              R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, SLG, W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

last yrs auction stats
              I want to add TB (or 2B) to Hitters, take out HLD from Pitchers and add QS.

Comment

W or QS, not both... W was suggested in the auction league to make the stats easier. Add K/9 or K/BB to pitchers if you want to replace HLD as a pitching stat, it doesn't overbias towards SP as much.

I'd rather have 2B for hitters than TB (SLG covers TB too well).

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                  W or QS, not both... W was suggested in the auction league to make the stats easier. Add K/9 or K/BB to pitchers if you want to replace HLD as a pitching stat, it doesn't overbias towards SP as much.

I'd rather have 2B for hitters than TB (SLG covers TB too well).
                  W or QS - I missed the W on first read. I'd rather have QS than W, but since the other league does that, lets switch it up. W is kept, QS is not.

HLD or K/9 or K/BB - I can't stand HLD, I'd rather not have to have ****ty relief on my team for the purpose of one stat. The other league has K/BB, so lets switch it up. K/9 is in, HLD and K/BB is out.

2B or TB - Me too. 2B added, TB not.

FINAL STATS: R, HR, RBI, 2B, SB, OBP, SLG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/9

Comment

we have 8, and we might have 10 if FFZ doesn't get some leagues going soon

start a league and I'll post those stats for Walrus over at FFZ

oh yeah, 11 am est Mar 15th

and is this just the AL or NL or MLB? I wanna pick players from both leagues. So what if we end up with really good teams?

Comment

so did someone start a league at yahoo?

Comment

Okay, I set up an ESPN league to do the actual auction. This is not the real league, just a way to hold the auction. TEF still needs to create the actual league in Yahoo!

You must end me your email address via PM if you want to participate in the auction.

Comment

I dont know if Walrus is registered here or not, can I PM Walrus your email? What is it?
                          Last edited by Berzerker; March 7, 2009, 21:26.

Comment

walrus wont know until wed or thur if he can make it

Comment

My email is my user name @ gmail .com ...

If he can't make it please find another, and/or find someone who can sub for him in the auction ...

Comment

Got Walrus' email (at yahoo, not gmail, but it's all good) and sent him an invite.

Comment

Working...
                                X