Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was at the White Sox home opener today... Buehrle didn't have his stuff but managed to only give up two runs, one on a beautiful shot by Alex Gordon reminding us all that he should've been great, but wasn't, and one on a bases loaded grounder by same right after a beautiful play by Josh Fields on a grounder to his right to get the first out of the inning at home. Both teams had bases loaded-no outs in the game, both teams managed precisely one run off of it... eerie.
    Then Thome made sure there was no question about the game's outcome with a solid three run smack in the bottom of the eigth, and Bobby Jenks nailed down the ninth

Both Chicago teams win it 4-2, in very different fashions...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Alex Gordon reminding us all that he should've been great, but wasn't

My how quickly we give up on people .

Gordon is only 25. He's got plenty of time to be great.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• He may be pretty good. I think he's shown enough of what he has, though, that he won't be great (ie, perennial all-star great).

Also, if I were the Royals' GM, I'd be looking for a new manager. Now. What I didn't note was that KYLE FARNSWORTH gave up the homer to Thome, on his fifth batter of the inning, with a lefty more than ready in the bullpen. I could see leaving a competent reliever in to face Thome, but KYLE FARNSWORTH is not one, and he certainly isn't a guy you want to leave in versus a solid left handed home run machine like Thome with the game on the line.

Finally, the Dewayne Wise Experiment looked mighty rought today. Both Getz and Fields came through in the clutch, while Wise was 0-4 with three K's and some of the worst bunting attempts in the history of major league baseball - to the point that I really wish Olivo had come down with the first backwards popup, because Fields would've advanced on it, and we wouldn't have been subjected to his further attempts at bunting. All this after Fields bunts himself on with a nice bunt... makes you wonder if the top of the lineup should be Fields-Getz or Getz-Fields...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• He's still only 25 .

Last year, when he was 24, he had an OPS+ of 110. That's pretty good. Especially since peak years start when you are 27. Ie, I think it is WAAAY too early to write him off.

For example, look at Aramis Ramirez. He had a great year when he was 23 (122 OPS+), but then hit the deck when he was 24 (72 OPS+) and 25 (102 OPS+). It wasn't until he turned 26 when he started to be a consistent great hitter (with OPS+ constantly over 125).
          Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; April 7, 2009, 19:40.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• And Gregg gives up the winning run in the 10th tonight (though the loss goes to Cotts giving up a single to the eventual winning run)

Comment

• Nick Adenhart, a good young prospect for the Angels, was killed in a hit and run last night after pitching in the game earlier:

TMZ has learned Los Angeles Angels starting pitcher Nick Adenhart was killed in a felony hit-and-run car accident in Fullerton, California early this morning -- hours after he pitched in a game last night.

RIP

Comment

• I just watched that game.
                Very sad news.
                And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• That's just plain awful.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by imran siddiqui View Post
                    nick adenhart, a good young prospect for the angels, was killed in a hit and run last night

rip

q f t
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                      Nick Adenhart, a good young prospect for the Angels, was killed in a hit and run last night after pitching in the game earlier:

TMZ has learned Los Angeles Angels starting pitcher Nick Adenhart was killed in a felony hit-and-run car accident in Fullerton, California early this morning -- hours after he pitched in a game last night.

RIP
                      The bastard that did is charged with 3 counts of murder(second degree,I assume).

His BAC was 3X the legal limit.

Very sad.
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• I say take a page from Die Hard 3 and drop him in the middle of South Central LA with a sign saying "I Hate N******" on it.

Comment

• Texas has now taken the position that the very first DWI is a felony, period.
                          We're not talking accidents. Deaths. Mayhem. First DWI. I'm ok with that.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• go cardinals!!!!!!!
                            "Like Joseph Stalin, and Gandhi.
                            I'm the Cult of Personality,
                            Cult of Personality,
                            Cult of Personality." ~ "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Well he kinda needed the whole lack of black players thing .

Comment

Working...
                                X