Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't we have another thread for this, o' noble moderator?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• This thread is what began the discussion on the WBC, so I'm keeping it here.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Amazingly, a thread popped into existence -- and before the US is eliminated!

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• This thread is what began the discussion on the WBC, so I'm keeping it here.

It doesn't belong here. Why would you discuss international baseball in a thread devoted to one national baseball league?

Comment

• David Wright for the win!!! What a game!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Youklis hurt. Wright Hurt.

Seems to me that Jeter or Rollins at SS "controversy" should be unnecessary now. El Capitan can play 3B (as many have argued he should've done since 2004).

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Wright hurt too?! Hopefully not by the celebratory pile-on after his game winning single!

Comment

• Foul ball off his toe in the first inning of a 10-6 loss to Venezuela. Broke the nail, badly bruised, etc.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Oh right... forgot about the seeding game.

At least its just bruised!!!

Comment

• Oh, it seems it isn't too bad as he says he's playing in the Semis:

Asked if he was staying with the team, Wright responded: "One-hundred percent, yes."

Wright said he expects to hear from the Mets.

"They kind of check up on me," Wright said.

He added that he would overrule the Mets if they tried to tell him not to be with the club in Los Angeles.

When asked if he expected a call from the Mets, he joked, "I hope they don't call too early."

Wright has been a big advocate of the Classic, and despite all the injuries, he said the format is fine.
                      Wright

---

Also Japan knocks out Cuba, who finishes lower than 3rd for the first time in an international tourney ever! Also they shut them out, 5-0. Japan is freaking impressive.

Japan, Korea, US, and Venezuela in the Semis.

Comment

• Wright I like that guy.

Apparently Japan is pretty awesome. They have that pitcher everybody is all worked up over (Yu Darvish), and one of the BP guys has been raving about their infield defense - something to the effect that they could all play in the majors, their gloves are that good.

-Arrian

Comment

• Japan has been very impressive. It's going to be a tough, tough game on Sunday. Though, the bright side is that our hitters have seen Matsuzaka's stuff.

Comment

• Argh... why have the WBC Championship Game starting at 9:30 Eastern on a work night? Had to go to bed and missed some great baseball in the last few innnings of the game. But, congrats to Japan!

It was always known that Darvish wanted to come over to the MLB (and sooner rather than later). How soon do you think before Iwakuma comes over as well after his performance in this tourney?

Comment

• I watched through the top of the 10th before going to bed... a great game, though Japan should've won by 10 or so. They stranded double digits of runners... very poor clutch hitting.

And Darvish pitched like ****... at least in the 9th. The Adam Dunn of pitching... everyone was either a K or a BB, and seemingly equal numbers of both (2 BBs 3 Ks). (Or should I say, Nolan Ryan, though Ryan had rather fewer walks.) That won't fly in the majors; people will figure him out and hit him badly. He was also pretty predictable - the tying hit was on his slider, his best pitch, because he kept pitching FB-inside SL on strikes 2 and 3. I could've hit that pitch... (in MLB2K9 anyway )
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Or should I say, Nolan Ryan, though Ryan had rather fewer walks
                                Well he is #1 in all time walks (by a TON - almost 1,000 BBs more than the guy in 2nd).

Darvish is also 22. And his K/BB last year in the JBL was 3.92. The year before it was 4.29. Btw, just because I think its cool, his ERA+ for the last two years in the JBL (of course using JBL league and park stats) was 197 in 2007 and 207 in 2008.

Comment

Working...
                                X