This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    I also liked the Pedigree "adopt a dog" spot a lot.
    If it weren't for the fact that I only half agree with its message, I'd say the same. But, while I strongly support adopting dogs when you have already decided to get a dog, there are too many people who adopt (or buy) dogs and don't know what they are getting into, and then abandon them or give them back to the shelter. I'd have liked it to at least address that a little bit.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Hey, if I wanted to dissect the messaging, the structure of the ad itself, etc., that would be valid. Heck, most people walked away not even realizing that Pedigree is a dog food brand. Which is much more important to the company than saying "but don't do as we say unless you're sure you can handle having a dog."

I'm just talking about impact and entertainment value.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Was this the commercials that had a Rhino or other animals playing fetch?
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
          As for SB Ads ratings:

1) Doritos - Crystal Ball
          Freakin Hiliarious..and when he hit his boss in the nutz...
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Great game. That makes two in a row, despite some prattle about the earlier ones. It's not enough for a game to be close, both teams need to perform well, show us why they are there. I have watched every single Super Bowl but V live (and that one on tape immediately after it was over). This was easily one of the best.

I liked Cash4Gold, GE's Scarecrow, and Huluworld's brains to mush the best.
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
              Was this the commercials that had a Rhino or other animals playing fetch?
              Yep.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• A fantastic game, with a cliffhanger ending, some extremely questionable calls (with some that were downright wrong), a traditionally awful half-time show, and er - we didn't get the ads over here.

Besides, this is a football thread - not an adverts thread!
                Last edited by duke o' york; February 2, 2009, 15:13.

Comment

• We've hit 500, continue here:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                  X