Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football - Goin' Bowlin'

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Yeah... Texas got screwed, but as Snoop points out, it was the Big 12 that did the job. There was nothing the BCS could do. (And please remember that I think the BCS should rot in hell and that we should have a real playoff system like they do in EVERY OTHER real sport)

    It would be interesting if Florida manages to win a close game, and Texas blows out OSU. It would make a total farce out of the BCS since I'm sure many would believe that Texas was the number one team in the land

    The Big 12 Directors ought to be ashamed of themselves.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey, Baron O and Slowwhand

    Comment


    • #77
      I expect changes of some nature.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

      Comment


      • #78
        The Big 12 tiebreaker was fine.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

        Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

        Comment


        • #79
          Gator Bowl - Clemson vs. Nebraska
          Once again, I was right and Sloww was wrong.

          Comment


          • #80
            What does the Gator Bowl have to do with anything?
            That another Big 12 member is in a bowl? So? Look at the bowl schedule? Do you happen to notice the number of Big 12 participants? There are so many, that monor bowls had to go outside the normal Big 12 participant.
            I was wrong? How, pray tell?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

            Comment


            • #81
              I was wrong? How, pray tell?


              Comment


              • #82
                I see your point.

                Drugs in your system.

                Although, should it come to pass, that's yet another Big 12 team.

                I see mine, too. Note Dame gets a bowl, because of all the Big 12 teams playing (Tue., Dec. 30
                8 p.m. Texas Houston Big 12 vs. C-USA Notre Dame* vs. Rice.

                * indicates filling bowl slot that assigned conference could not fill
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Tuberski
                  So, if Oklahoma loses tonight, Texas?

                  Even though they didn't win their conference championship?

                  Or USC?

                  ACK!
                  Penn State. Like I said, I don't like teams that didn't win their conference championship. The Big XII may have a weird way to determine it this year, but it is their way.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    1) Florida
                    2) Oklahoma
                    3) Texas
                    4) Penn State
                    5) Southern Cal
                    6) Texas Tech
                    7) Alabama
                    8) Utah
                    9) Ohio State
                    10) Boise State

                    My #1 and #2 are unchanged. The rest looks slightly different (Alabama falling and moving Penn State above USC due to the lackluster win over UCLA... but those two teams are virtually tied in my mind).
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Guynemer


                      It's actually not all that funny, depending on how you judge best conference. The ACC does not have a national champ contender, it is true, but they probably have the best depth of any conference with a very high number of 7-8 win teams.

                      ---

                      Anyway, I'm looking forward to the two best teams in college football face off in Florida vs. Oklahoma. Oklahoma set the all time single season scoring record by destroying Mizzou and Florida has the best player in college football in Tim Tebow and another player in the Top 10 in Percy Harvin. Should be great fun! I think Florida will end up taking it due to their better defense.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Oh, jeez.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Guynemer


                          Check Sagarin.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Jaguar
                            The Big 12 tiebreaker was fine.
                            No, it isn't. As I've stated, the Big 12 and the Big East are the only conferences that don't restart the tiebreaker process once a 3+ team tie is reduced to two teams. As a result, in all the other major conferences, and the NFL, Texas would have gone to the conference championship -> BCS title game over Oklahoma.

                            Texas got jobbed, and justice would be served if Oklahoma were to fall on its face against Florida, because Texas should be there.

                            1. Texas
                            2. Florida
                            3. Alabama
                            4. Oklahoma
                            5. Penn State
                            6. Utah
                            7. Boise State
                            8. Texas Tech
                            9. USC
                            10. Ohio State
                            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by DanS


                              Check Sagarin.
                              Computer rankings aren't the end-all, be-all of anything. Virginia Tech, Boston College, Georgia Tech... the cream of the ACC, right?

                              Vs. non-conference BCS and top non-BCS competiton, BC was 1-0 (Notre Dame). VT was 1-1 (barely beat Nebraska, lost to East Carolina!). GT was 1-1 (Mississippi State, lost to Georgia).

                              These teams played nobody of note.


                              Florida beat Miami and Florida State; Alabama beat Clemson; Georgia beat Georgia Tech and Arizona State.



                              Looking at the top three in each conference, the SEC has a massive advantage. Even beyond that, I'd take LSU, Ole Miss, South Carolina, and Vandy over Florida State and Miami and Clemson.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Vs. non-conference BCS and top non-BCS competiton, BC was 1-0 (Notre Dame). VT was 1-1 (barely beat Nebraska, lost to East Carolina!). GT was 1-1 (Mississippi State, lost to Georgia).

                                These teams played nobody of note.
                                Nebraska is an 8-4 team that almost knocked Texas Tech off in overtime and is playing in a New Year's Day bowl.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X